Closed Thread
Page 33 of 75 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Slinky, that's very reassuring news I can only imagine how difficult the last week or so as been for you and your family Incredible that they can do CGH at this stage also. for great results on Tuesday and for moving onwards and upwards for your beautiful bubba.

Pink, thanks for the update on Isabella, she sounds like an absolute delight (and a trooper!) Must have gotten those characteristics from her amazing mum!

Melk, all the best for your upcoming NT scan, hope bubba is in a posing mood for the pics!

Lochnessie, Happy (slightly belated) Birthday! I hope you had a wonderful celebration with your family. 2 weeks!!! BRING IT ON!!! Hoping you won't need the Wazza magic xx

Zakmick, hope you're feeling better

Trying, big to Thomas

Mum4nay, will PM you honey re: catch up. I'm sorry to hear Nay's diagnosis was confirmed but also hoping this will help enormously to get him access to the appropriate early intervention services and help with the $$

AFM, Have been AWOL on a work conference in the wilderness with limited internet access but seemed to have picked up a shocking cold. Zakmick, feel your pain! MRI last week seemed to go well, just as long and loud as last time but somehow I seemed to score a discount (only cost me $250 this time instead of $550...still no medicare rebate ). Haven't seen any results yet, the report should have gone to Prof V late last week, hopefully will hear something tomorrow as we have an appt with FS on Wednesday to plan for our FET.

Stopped the premarin again today and now waiting to see what kind of AF will arrive...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Slinky this is wonderful news- sensible to continue with the CVS hope all comes back clear.

Starfish hope the MRI report gives you renewed confidence going into the next cycle. hope the appointment with new FS on wednesday goes well.

Nessie - 2 weeks till next cycle fingers crossed this is it.

AFM all good here NT scan tomorrow so hoping all is well.

Love and hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

melk - hope all was great with the NT scan today

starfish - hope you got some feedback today on the MRI result? And, weird as it may sound, hope you get a full AF! It's exciting you're seeing the FS tomorrow to plan the FET. that BFP is just around the corner.

to zakmick, lochnessie, pinkB, trying, mum4nay and all you other lovely women

The 'fast DNA' results came back today showing everything is NORMAL!!!! No 'numerical chromosomal abnormalities' and we tested negative for cystic fybrosis. The more detailed results should be about another week, but these early results already rule out more than 90% of abnormalities. So it's great news. And we were able to find out that we're having................... a

4. The Following User Says Thank You to slinkymalinki For This Useful Post:

Zakmick  (06-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    CONGRATULATIONs Slinky sooo happy that results were so good, what a massive relief for you.

Melk I hope your NT scan went well today.

Starfish THANKYOU for my Birthday wishes, not that I'm overly happy about turning. 41 especially doing IVF.
    hope today went well & like Slinky said" I hope you get a full AF"

Start synarel on Friday, so starting to get into my IVF head IYKWIM

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Slinky what Fabulous news enjoy the rest of your pregnancy lovely

Nessie hope you had lovely birthday and got nice and spoiled- i know what you mean about turning 41 ... yuk

Starfish hope all is good with you lovely

AFM NT scan went really well yesterday and apart from bub having it's back to us the whole time so we didnt get to see much of its face the scan showed it is developing in all the right areas. Thanks to my lovely 28 yr old eggs our/healthy bloods etc our NT ratio ended up at 1:15829- so i thankfully do not need an amnio. They did offer it but given Izzy was a simialr ratio and she is all okay i opted not to as the rate for an mc is higher than the rate of a disorder.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Slinky, Fantastic news!!! And so amazing to find out so early you will be having a beautiful baby girl. Your 6yo DD will be very excited to have a baby sister I imagine?

Melk, CONGRATS on your FAB NT result

Nessie, Happy sniffing lovely! Hoping this is the one

AFM, I still haven't spoken to Prof V but new FS had a look at the MRI report today and felt the results were indicative of a 'normal' uterine environment Beginning to think my Professor may just be a magician...

Will go over the report in detail with the Prof at our appt next Tues but I am encouraged by the findings which seem to indicate some regeneration of the myometrium and describes the endometrium as being 'more regular and smooth without any evidence of residual bands'. So my interpretation is that the patchy appearance is no longer as evident and obviously the scarring previously seen on the prior MRI has all been removed. Not sure what this means in terms of increased vascularisation but assuming this might be improved??

I also got the start of AF today, not just spotting. Haven't seen her since January so that was quite exciting

I am having a lining scan on day 13 to see what my body will do on its
    own but we will wait till after next AF to start the FET. FS thinks a
    natural cycle might be a possibility now the AS has been dealt with but I was
    like WHAT!!! NO DRUGS!!??

Personally I think this approach is wildly optimistic but happy to go with the flow (sorry unintended bad pun!) and doing the natural cycle tracking will give us a good idea of how to proceed for the main event in July.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Starf1sh: That's sounding so positive for you. you get another miracle.

I will be having surgery, hopefully very soon, to see if I have Ashermans Syndrome and to "clean up" my endometriosis. I don't have much of a period (barely need to use a liner let-a-lone a pad) and my lining has not been up to thickness for each of my 3 transfers (5.4, 6, 7.1). Had scan 2 days ago at cd12 and only 4.3mm. I have scarring on my cervix from a Letz procedure and I've had 4 d & cs, so things are pointing towards AS.

I'm very grateful to all you ladies who participate in these forums, so willing to share your journeys with us, warts and all. I wouldn't have know have of what i should if not for here. Thank you all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amps, have just seen your post & wanted to say I'm sorry this is where things might be headed for you but a great idea to get it checked out. Correct diagnosis & treatment were essential to getting to the place where I am now able to return to TTC.
    I hope that you are in the hands of someone you trust & with a good understanding of Asherman's.

If you haven't already I would encourage you to go back a few months on this thread and read as there is a wealth of detailed info provided by Trying42 which has been essential for me in making decisions about my treatment (including seeking a 2nd opinion) & I highly recommend joining the yahoo Asherman's group.

I just wanted to tell you a story which might also help in the interim while you are awaiting more info. I have a friend who has had 5 D&C's (she has been very unlucky with MC's) They were all performed by the same FS as did mine. She went to see Prof V recently as she was also having v light periods & lining issues. She was quite fortunate & he found during her diagnostic hysteroscopy only v minor adhesions (stage 1 AS) which were v easily treated & she is doing another transfer soon. He discovered where the adhesions had formed they were impacting on a key nerve centre for sending messages to the endo to grow. Incredible hey!? and I think highlights the need to see someone v experienced in this area.

I tell you this because it also shows not everyone who has a no. of D&C's will have an advanced stage as Asherman's.

Good luck & keep us posted xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    starfish, things are sounding very positive.
    much love & best wishes to you

11. The Following User Says Thank You to fionaalice For This Useful Post:

Starf1sh  (16-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Starf1sh, since I first read about as, I've pretty much read everything I can find. Some ladies are lucky to have no problems at all after several d&cs, some have the worst. I will be asking HEAPS of questions before and after believe me. Still waiting to hear when appointment is, not happy, been 2 1/2days now. Doesn't take that long to look at a list..........