Closed Thread
Page 32 of 75 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey girls!
    Sorry been off the radar a bit. I'm battling ear and throat infections with a migraine. Been still reading along on my phone though!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Slinky thinking of you today Lovely, hope all goes well with the CVS

Thanks
    Reviews
    Slinky, on my phone (away in the wilderness for a conference) but just wanted to stop by to wish you well with your CVS today & let you know I am thinking of you xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Slinky im thinkong of you today & hope with all my might bub is ok x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Slinky, Have sent you a PM, have been thinking of you today.

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Slinky I hope everything went ok today! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies - thanks so much to you all for the words of support. It means a lot

I am relieved to say that (at this stage) I have good news to report. We went along to Sydney Ultrasound for Women and, after a half hour consultation with a fantastic woman doctor about what a thickened NT could mean, the sonographer got the scan on my tummy, to reveal that the NT is not thick at all. They get worried about increased risk of cardiac problems if it's >3mm. Bub's is 1.4. I'm glad I was already lying down as I may have slumped to the floor otherwise. Following that result, they asked if we still wanted to proceed with the CVS. Fortunately DH and I were both of the view that we should - partly because if we'd gone ahead and done the 12 week NT screen, which includes blood test results and my age, it could well still have come back with increased risk (even if due only to age) and we would have been told to go to Sydney again to do a CVS. But also because the CVS gives not only information about all the major chromosomal problems, but also now includes a 'microarray CGH' which tests a huge number of genetic disorders that can cause intellectual disability or serious birth defects. The procedure itself caused a little discomfort but the doctor was confident all had gone smoothly and I've experienced very little in the way of pain etc since. We will get the first 'early results' probably on Tuesday afternoon, which includes Downs and the other major chromosomal problems, with the more details things to follow a week or so later.

The sonographer also had a look at bub's arms, legs, heart, brain etc and could see nothing out of the ordinary. HB was 161 and measuring 11w6d (for 11w5d gestation). So nothing obvious to suggest any problems.

Obviously feeling hugely relieved that there is no significant marker of any particular problems, though will feel better still if all the results come back clear.

For those of you who are currently on steroids, or will be, I thought it was worth mentioning that I am in the process of weaning off (after being on 20mg for about 4 mths) and have suddenly noticed a huge improvement in my mood. I'm not sure if others have had negative effects on their mood but, without noticing it at the time, I can now see that I have been on quite a downer for quite some time, that is now finally starting to lift. Can't wait to get all the drugs completely out of my body.

Thanks again ladies for your lovely words of support. Will keep you posted as the results come in

slinky
    Last edited by slinkymalinki; 02-06-2012 at 22:08.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to slinkymalinki For This Useful Post:

Zakmick  (02-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You must feel so relieved Slinky! I'm sure the next results will all be ok too!🍀

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Slinky - i am so relieved to hear your news and hoping you go on to have the all clear with the CVS. I am glad you were sent to Syd. ultrasound for women -w e found them great through all our anxiety with Isabella's kidney - its just great having the Drs on hand to meet with you and perform the ultrasounds / give results. Rest up over the weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Slinky I'm so happy for you Such a frightening thing to go through.

Starfish how did your MRI go?

I'm a bit dissapointed to hear that Dr De Ambrosis is retiring at the end of tge year I have an appointment with him in August as our last hope, hopefully our next cycle (2 weeks) brings us a BFP & we dont have to worry about it