Closed Thread
Page 31 of 75 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Swede, I'm so sorry honey You DID do your best, of that there is no doubt. Did anything come back from your testing that would suggest doing anything differently next time, or would your FS consider treating you with pred, clexane etc regardless? I hope there is a way that you can cycle again soon

Zakmick, welcome! I'm very sorry for your loss and agree wholeheartedly with Swede re: having some further testing, particularly for immune issues. Swede has just been through this so would be able to share her experience of what to ask for. In the meantime here is a very comprehensive list my friend Lindylou put together to ask her FS which I'm sure she won't mind sharing. Just curious were the contents of conception (sorry hate that term) able to be karotyped?

Thrombophilia Tests
    - PAI -1
    - Antithrombin III
    - Prothrombin II
    - Protein C
    - Protein S
    - Factor V Leiden
    - MTHFR
    Activated Protein C Resistance
    Anti Cardiolipin Antibodies (ACA)
    Anti beta 2 glycoprotein 1 (IgG & IgM)
    Anti Mullerian Hormone (AMH)
    Antinuclear antibodies (ANA)
    Antiphospholipid Antibodies (APA)
    Antithyroid Antibodies (ATA)
    Coeliac Disease
    Fasting homocysteine
    Full blood count
    Iron Studies
    Karyotyping (chromosomes)
    Laparoscopy and hysteroscopy
    Leukocyte Antibodies (LAD)
    Lupus Anticoagulant
    Natural killer cell blood test
    Natural killer cell womb biopsy
    Prolactin
    Thyroid levels (TSH, FT3 and FT4)
    Ureaplasma/Mycoplasma
    Vitamin D

Amps, I'm so sorry for your chemical pregnancy, they are indeed a very early miscarriage and are devastating none the less

Lochnessie,

Fiona, I'm SOOOO excited you are on the home stretch m'dear and I can't wait to hear the announcement of your little boy's arrival Enjoy your time at home.

Melk and Slinky, you guys must have a similar EDD? How are you both doing?

AFM, I am having my MRI next Tuesday to check and see if the damaged part of the endometrium has regenerated and if there is increased vascularisation to the area. Feeling pretty calm about it at this stage, after all it is completely out of my hands!

It won't prevent me having a transfer if it hasn't but of course there will be a gamble that the embie (assuming it is normal, which is a big assumption) will implant in an area where there is sufficient endo to support it's growth and development. I still have about a 30% chance of having a live birth given the severe grading of my Asherman's but as we know from Trying's beautiful boy there is hope for the best of outcomes.

So still very much step by step but it is looking more likely I will at least be tracking for a FET in the next month

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

swedeendie  (27-05-2012)

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry girls still accessing bh on my phone and difficult to go back and read all about your journeys, but I will.

Thanks for that list Starfish (lindylou). We did get a biopsy at the d&c, been told it can take 4 wks to get results, so armed with this list and some other research I have done, hopefully we start to get some answers.

It annoys me though that we are doing the research, asking for this to happen etc when we pay our clinics so much money!!

DH and I have decided to make an app at mivf and monash, once we have the results and have spoken with our current FS. It will be to see if any of the other clinics have any other suggestions or thoughts on our RPL. Then we will decide if we stay at city fertility or go elsewhere.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish, that is a great long list!!!
    Last time I went for my test they did 13 vials of blood!!! far out!!!! But everything came back ok, but I dont think it was as thorough as Starish's list there....
    I am not sure what we will do next. I will book in an appointment with my FS to see what he says and suggest....but we are considering going to Westmead fertility clinic in Westmead in Sydney to cut the cost dramatically, it is a long way to go in the mornings but might just be worth it if money is they main issue. I have ordered a info pack from them, if it means that we can afford another cycle I will hike over there to do it...preferable I would like to stick with my FS as I think he is great, but money talks too......
    I have just started taking dhea as well, a bit nervous about that but sort of convinced it will do my old eggies some good.....I only take 50 mg....
    Starfish, I hope Tuesday's test will prove things are good so you are ready to start again....
    Thanks again for you lovely words......Nessie I hope your upcoming cycle will be it, 18 months of trying for no 2....I sure hope a bfp is around the corner...glad you had some good time off in between, it is totally consuming TTC isnt it???? Wishing you all the best; as always

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just lost my post i'll try to start again.

STARFISH best of luck for your MRI tomorrow - i hope it shows some great improvements and you can do your next transfer with more confidence.

SLINKY what is you due date? mine is Dec 13

Zakmick i hope these tests turn up some answers for you - that is a great list .
    Swedee i am so sorry to hear this one was a neg. I hope westmead can help make it easier to do another cycle.

Nessie pleased to hear you are chillin out before your next cycle. 18 months is along time to be back at it. I have to be honest i dont know how yu have been able to do it all again. If we didnt have these last 2 frozen embies i wouldnt have gone back and just settled for my family of 3- there was no way i could have done it. even with these 2 i had resigned my self to them not working and the first one in feb was a neg i was like lets just stick the last one back and move on - i just want it over with. so i feel very blessed and lucky that for some random reason this little decided to stick and i have the chance to have another one. everything crossed for your next cycle lovely.

Fiona enjoy your last 30 days !!!! cant wait to hear of the arrival of your little boy. take care lovely.

Millie & Spot if you're out there and lots of love

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Melk - wow, what fantastic news girl!! Congratulations

Swede - sorry about the BFN - good idea to go to Westmead ie public. I always went public (RPA) and it really is a fraction of the cost and just as good treatment I believe especially since you've been there before and know what to do. And if your little Archie gets a sibling out of it then all the early morning drives will be worth it

Amps -

Fiona - hooray, you've finished work Enjoy...

Starfish - hello lovely lady - we should catch up soon

AFM - Tom is 3.5 months and going great... such a pleasure being his mom. Nathan is also going really well despite confirmation of an autism diagnosis this week I'm just starting to get my head around early intervention etc etc...
    No more babies/IVF for us but just like to keep tabs on all you lovely women...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Melk – HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!!! That is really such lovely news!

Swede – sorry to hear about the BFN.It never gets any easeir. I hope the DHEA works its magic for you

Mum4nay - glad Tom is going well. Hope the diagnosis for Nathan means you can get the support &funding you were hoping for. Thinking of you.

Zackmick – welcome! I hope the extra tests help you get more info to move forward.

Amps – hugs to you for the rough time you are having.

Starfish – hope ur going well, hope todays MRI gives you the green light to push on! How is your gorgeous kitten doing? Keep us posted.

Fiona – not long now, enjoy your final few weeks as a couple! Exciting times ahead!

Lochnessie – i hope you have success soon. You are right it is the same old heartache even second time around.

Slinky – how are you? Hope all tracking along nicely

T42 - hope ur enjoying life as a mum of 2!

AFM – Isabella is now 3 months old and is a smiley chatty bub, oblivious to all the concerns with her kidney. Shes had a couple of infections and gets knocked around by the antibiotics. She is having a few more tests in the next few weeks so keeping our fingers crossed for these results.

Thinking of you all and often have a read on DH's iphone while i am feeding even if i can’t always get on the computer to write back!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    PinkB so lovely to hear from you and that Isabella is doing so well despite her kidney issue - they are such resilliant little monkeys.

Starfish hope all went well with your MRI yesterday lovely

M4N so happy to hear Tom is thriving. It must be some relief finally having the diagnosis for Nathan- hope this means you can now move forward with so much more direction .

Love and hugs to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    hello ladies

melk - wow, aren't you the quiet one!! That is wonderful news. Sounds like it came as a fairly unexpected surprise success, which is just delightful. Our EDDs are indeed very close - mine is 16 December (but see below re our prognosis). Even better that you haven't had any MS. I didn't realise that prednisolone had an anti-nausea effect.

swedeendie - Sounds like you're thinking through some innovative ways to enable you to have another try. I agree that doing what is necessary to get the end result is worth it. The view I always (and continue to) have had is that I didn't want to have any regrets. While money is obviously a constraint for almost all of us, if you can increase your inconvenience levels to get around it, then that seems a good compromise. I really hope you find a good way forward.

starfish - hello gorgeous. How did the MRI go yesterday? that you had a great result and things are on track for an FET in the next few weeks.

pinkB - lovely to hear from you and of Isabella's fantastic development progress. Smiley chatty bub sounds perfect. Thinking of you over the next few weeks with the tests.

mum4nay - I hope you are doing ok with Nathan's diagnosis. It's a lot to get your head around. Hopefully you are getting lots of support from all the right places to help you work out the best course of action. It's a lot to have on your plate, together with a newborn. Thinking of you. Wonderful to hear that Tom is doing so well.

zakmick and amps - lots of for you both too. Hope you are both doing alright.

lochnessie - enjoy the break hon.

trying4two - and hope all fantastic with your little Thomas.

sorry to anyone I have missed.

AFM - news not all great I'm afraid. We went along to the routine 10 week ob appt last week and, as is standard procedure, he did a quick scan in his office. His relaxed demeanour changed instantly when he saw the thickness of bub's nuchal translucency, which he said appeared to be considerably thicker than normal for that length of gestation. In addition to Downs Syndrome, a thick nuchal translucency could indicate cardiac problems. So we are going to Sydney on Friday for a Chorionic Villus Sampling which will give us some quick results on DS (and other types of chromosomal problems), though unfortunately not on cardiac issues (ranging from major malformations of the heart to a whole series of other problems). As you can imagine, this information has thrown things into complete disarray for us. At this stage, we are trying to take one step at a time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Slinky wow that's scary news.. I didn't realise they could tell that from a normal ultrasound. do you still have your 12 week nuchal scan ? when is that ?
    Take care and i hope the CVS shows things are not as serious as the appear.
    Thinking of you lovely . big hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Slinky - my goodness, I am so sorry to hear you are having such stress at this time. I will be thinking of you friday. Where are they sending you ? Syd. ultrasound for women? I am glad you are taking one step at a time that is the best that you can do. Hugs to you and your DH