Closed Thread
Page 28 of 75 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nessie, are you talking about the Digital High Mag offered by IVFA? We used this for our last cycle (through Westmead clinic) and together with my sister's eggs managed to get the best graded embies we've ever had (3 x A, 1 x BB). We also got a wealth of info about DH's sperm, i.e they were only able to find a total of 5 sperm (yep that's correct!) which didn't have any vacuoles. We had 9 eggs so 4 of them were injected with sperm with very minor vacuoles (less than 5%). Interestingly, DH's DNA frag test was in the excellent range however 95% of the sample still had vacuoles visualised with the 1500x magnification.

Completely understand the need to feel like you are doing SOMETHING! I feel like I am just in a holding pattern with no capacity to move in any direction while I am awaiting more surgery to try and deal with the Asherman's. after this next one we might be on the path to transferring one of those fab embryos!

All the best with your IUI if you decide to go ahead, you certainly do have a good strike rate for conception and hoping this could translate into a super sticky one next time around!

Slinky, how are you feeling love? Would love to hear an update

Littlefeet, how are you surviving the 2WW?
    Have been thinking of you Trying and hope that your little man is thriving

Pink, Millie, Melk, Crofty, Swede, Mum4nay and others I have missed. Hope you are all doing well???

AFM, stopped the estrogen 4 days ago in preparation for my next Asherman's surgery. Got all the right indicators AF would arrive, lots of cramping etc . I also saw my acupuncturist on Monday and also started some herbs to try and bring it on but have only had a bit of spotting yesterday and today which hasn't turned into full flow So naturally I'm worried the cervix is scarred over again Feeling a little dispirited but really won't know more till Prof V has a look on Saturday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies - hope your all well

Little feet - hope your doing well in your 2ww congrats on being PUPO!!!!- here's to a big fingers x that you have a strong one on board ✨

Slinky - not far off your 12 weeks now - hope time flies for you babe and that bubs heartbeat picks up and gets nice and strong👍

Pink B - thx and yeah can't wait to go away - its been a while (just so hard with 2x mortgages and saving for ivf
    cycles - but I said to my DH $tuff if- let's go away before any more transfer and potential stim cycle - what's the pony if not trying to enjoy your life - even though it would be complete with our own bubba

Starfish - praying all goes well with your next surgery on Sat - hope you feel Better and get a pick me up sooner rather than later, it's a terrible feeling being down especially when the obstacles are out of your control - theres bit enough huge in the world to send to u my fellow 75r - but I'm sending a couple of virtual ones to start you off 💓

Afm - nothing serious came firm my results - the doc removed a cyst that was not cancerous - and said that sometimes with cysts there give off enzymes which can effect implantation. There was no polyp in my cervix (as per all previous U/S results) so that was a surprise - we always thought that it could be a reason for no falling pregnant as DH little swimmers weren't strong enough to catapult far enough and fast enough through my cervix to meet my eggs - lol !!!!

So we're all ready and rearing to go fir an FER when we get back from our trip to Bangkok and Phuket - not that we have much hope that we'll be successful with our 2 remaining Day 1 bubsicles - we're expecting to do another stim (picsi this time) - so back on the DHEA for that!!!!

Hi to everyone else and have a happy first mothers day to some - we all hope to be celebrating with you next year !!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish, just wanted to sneak in quickly to wish you good luck for tomorrow's procedure with Dr V. I know you are feeling dispirited but the fact that there was any spotting at all is a huge positive, even if it was less than you were hoping for. I really hope Dr V has positive news for you tomorrow, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed and thinking of you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Trying...whooo......congratulations to Thomas! SO very happy for you! Wow, he is long baby!!!!!! I hope everything goes well as in b reastfeeding etc....

Starfish...ohhhh...what a cutie...little Sasha.....I am sure he is a great distractor....
    I hope you get a good outcome for your latest procedure...and that machine will start being in use...sounds really good as Nessie said.....every detail is important.... I hope you are ok...so much been going on for so long for you guys....

Crofty...how nice with a Thailand holiday...and that you appointment will go ok...

Slinky...the dreaded MS...used to love it ina way...as it felt that it was real...LOL...so glad the scanwas good...now you can relax heaps better...and pheww what a relief with just one

Nessie, bummer on hubbys sperm...always a hurdle somewhere.....have you decided of what to do this cycle?

Littlefeet...congratulations on being PUPO....sounds just like a perfect embie...nos snuggle in cosy....

Thanks girls for asking about me....I am on 3 dpo now, I had acupunkture yesterday and a week ago...been booking in for day 6 embie transfer on Wednesday and been doing baby aspirin, chinese herbs, no coffee and kiwifruit....
    Geting very excited

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kismet...how are you going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish I hope today went well for you, you have been through so much & have always remained so positive, you are such an inspiring Mummy to be.
    that is great to hear the results of your embies using DHM, DH I really believe this will help us with better quality embies.

Crofty I have everything crossed for your precious embies. I hope you have a great holiday.

Trying how is your precious little bub going?

Swede I'm so exited for you, I soooo hope your embie is the one!! How svthat gorgeous boy of yours?

i have decide not to go through with IUI this month, we just feel like we are not in the mental head space ATM. We will do one more cycle with our FS & try DHM next cycle, if not successful will try the miracle worker dr De Ambrosis. DH has had a TUNNEL test this week, so fingers crossed we get some answers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Trying, Crofty, Swede and Nessie for your words of support for my surgery

I think you all know by now I am a very cautious person when it comes to sharing 'good' news after so many knocks, however the update from surgery no. 2 is very positive Of course me being me I read the surgical report before Prof V arrived and when I read the diagnosis was 'same' we were expecting the worst. However when Prof V came to see us it was probably the most animated I've seen him and he opened with 'it's been a good day' (Essentially 'same' means he didn't find anything else to add to our diagnosis).

My uterine cavity is now 100% open. Prof V did have to remove some minor scarring in the cervix and in part of the uterus which was blocking some to the blood escaping, and hence the spotting I had experienced. He couldn't say if these adhesions were left over from last surgery when he only opened the cavity to 90% or was a new recurrence, however I have had a nice red flow since the surgery (apologies if TMI but this is important to understanding Asherman's) . The uterus was looking lovely and pink in the pics he showed us and 'textbook' according to Prof V and he thought there was a good amount of endometrium present.

He said the repeat MRI was optional but felt it would provide a more complete picture on the recovery of the vascular issues and endo regeneration, which would be helpful to us and he said also very important to any women coming after me who finds herself in my shoes. So of course we will do this.

Best of all he has theoretically given me the green light to go back to transferring embryos after the next bleed. He wanted to see us to arrange MRI and do a post op consult however I let him know we couldn't get in for 3 weeks (he is super busy at the moment) so he will have his secretary call us Monday and offer us an earlier appt as he knows we are desperate to crack on. So we need to get on with the phone to Devora to start talking dummy cycles and to organise to get our embies moved soon. At this point I will allow myself a little

My recovery wasn't anywhere near as bad as last time as a good friend suggested I ask for an anti-emetic to be administered with the GA. The anaesthetist was very open to my requests and also put the canula in the elbow (they always have such trouble with my hand and it hurts!). I felt v groggy and a bit out of sorts when I woke. Slept for about 5 hours after I got home but there was no nausea and vomiting. Big bonus!

Thanks again to all of you lovely women who have hung around for some of the darkest hours in my journey, it has been SOOOOOO appreciated (and a special dedication medal goes to Trying ). While we are certainly not out of the woods and there are so many things that need to go right from here I think it is important to celebrate the small victories along the way and yesterday we finally had one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish, I have tears falling down reading your post - I am so very relieved and pleased to read that your surgery has been so successful, and that you have won - yes, won! - your battle with Ashermans. I know you will HATE me saying that, that you would prefer to be cautious, but honestly lovely this looks like a victory to me, so I'm going to call it that way . I can't think of a better outcome, really - I think only Ashermans patients can know how much you can welcome a good red flow when it has been absent for so long. I know the grief that infertility lends to every Mothers Day, so I'm going to use this post to send you my very best wishes - grounded in a hopeful reality - that this outcome means that your next Mothers Day is spent cradling your beloved baby, or at the very least spent moaning about swollen ankles and an inability to see your feet over a very swollen pregnant tummy . Re the MRI, I agree its a good idea to get it done (do they let you get the Medicare rebate for it now? I was outraged that I couldn't get the rebate for it, when any idiot footballer who damaged his knee could get it rebated ...). It will give you that extra reassurance that all is well at the vascular level, and in addition, will help to guide the decision making re hormonal supplementation if that is required for your upcoming cycles. (I needed Progynova and Provera to get my endo into shape for the cycle that gave us DS2). Anyway lovely make sure you get lots of rest this weekend and keeping chugging the Raspberry Leaf Tea (I had to say it, didn't I!) and I hope the good news keeps on coming for you.

AFM am feeling blessed this Mothers Day. My darling baby boy is feeding like a champion, has already gone up one clothing size in 10 days and is the light of my life. Every gaze upon his precious little face feels like a miracle. My Mothers Day wish for everyone on this thread is that you will all experience this same joy next Mothers Day, baby dust to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Trying - Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy

Starf1sh - I was so happy to read your update It is a good as it gets, and I really can't wait to have one of your precious embies transferred, and read about your BFP It's great that you recovered from the surgery so well, and have such a beautiful looking uterus All the better for your bub to set up home in. I'll be checking this thread every week to get updates on your progress

Nessie - It's great to know how you feel and stick with your gut instinct. All you can do is what you feel is right, and I'm sure this will give you the best possible result. Fingers crossed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish - How amazing! It is wonderful to read that the surgery went so well and that you are now getting reading for your FET. I also can not wait to read about your BFP. Best of luck to you with the next steps.

to everyone else.

AFM - I've not been around much as the 2ww was really doing my head in and I needed to get away. BT results are in and sadly I got a BFN again. I am gutted. I don't know how I feel at the moment and don't know where to go from here. DH is not keen to do another cycle so we'll see what happens. We are going home (UK) in July and I can't wait to see my family and friends. I was hoping I would be announcing pg but now it looks like I will be telling them that my journey for number 2 is over. I feel so so sad.