Closed Thread
Page 21 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies

millie - wonderful to hear all is advancing so smoothly with your pregnancy I think it's amazing how the body can often just know what to do once it's actually conceived, despite that necessary little prerequisite being often so darned elusive. Your work situation sounds a little tricky, but fantastic to have such a positive thing to spend your time doing.

starfish - yet again, you are taking a really positive, proactive and thoughtfulness for others approach. I think writing a letter is a fantastic idea. Something you can do in your own time, think things through and, as you say, will possibly lead to positive change in a clinic where things seem to be slipping through the cracks. I must say that if I were in your situation, I would be leaving the current FS.... It sux that you are having to go through yet more scans, treatments etc etc. You (and your bank account) must feel like it will never end BUT, if they can give you some clear guidance on where to from here, all definitely worth it. I have everything crossed for some excellent results

swedeendie - how exciting that you are making contact again with your FS. I have a good feeling about your impending efforts to TTC#2

tryingfortwo - thank you for your beautiful post of 29/3 And wow - time continues to tick away, cooking that little bundle of yours to perfection

pinkB - lovely to hear from you and I think the 'head in the sand' approach is an excellent one, particularly as you are obviously doing all that you can to give Isabella the best possible care. I'm sure she is one loved-up little baby In spite of the kidney issue, your posts definitely have the ring of a blissed out mummy, which is delightful.

Big hello to mum4nay and melk too

AFM - thanks to you all for your thoughts and good wishes. Friday's transfer went without a hitch. Both embies thawed beautifully and they were put back without incident. I have to say that a bit of what my DH calls 'magical thinking' held me back from posting on here. After each past transfer I've jumped on here all excited and hopeful about having such great-looking embies... By now, I know that a beautiful embie is no guarantee of success, so I've been playing a weird psychological game of trying not to focus on it, including not posting here .... Anyway, all a bit hard to explain! Now at day 5 of the 2WW and the emotional torture is starting to peak. I have all manner of physical sensations, all of which are completely attributable to both the steroids and progesterone. Trying to tell myself that, one way or the other, the BT on Easter Monday will be a release. Now it's just a matter of making it to that point.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Starfish, I have been thinking of you today, and I hope the hysteroscopy was a success . I found the hysteroscopy to be an easier procedure to recover from than the D&Cs or the laparoscopy - I hope you have a similar experience. I remember going to see the doctor after my own MRI and hysteroscopy and it was a pretty grim experience - the MRI found adenomyosis and a large fibroid, the hysteroscopy, of course, found the scarring over my cervix. I remember crying to DH after we left that it would doubtful my poor damaged uterus could carry a conversation, much less carry a child. But here I am. At this morning's scan little fellow was squirming around, with a healthy looking placenta and lots of fluid in the amniotic sac which means he doesn't look like he's making for the exits just yet. I hope you get better results from all your investigations than I did - but even if you get a similar tally of issues, remember that a healthy pregnancy is well and truly possible after Ashermans. Sending you lots of healthy healing vibes, rest up over the Easter break.

Slinky, It sounds as though you are in the right frame of mind for the 2WW craziness. In a way, I found the fact that all the meds together mimicked pregnancy to be a positive thing - it could stop me worrying because there was no way I could distinguish synthetic symptoms from real ones. I am hoping like crazy that you get a positive result on Easter Monday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Trying, were you given a grading for your Asherman's? So glad to hear that all is looking good with your little man, hoping I can be so fortunate but really not feeling it at the moment.

Thanks also to Millie and Slinky for thinking of me. Unfortunately the news is very bad.

My Asherman's was graded IV (severe). I spoke briefly with Prof Vancaillie when I awoke but I was so out of it and had such a bad reaction to the anaesthetic and pain relief (crying and vomiting) that I really didn't take in more than that.

I had DH take a photo of the surgical notes with my phone which says there was 'complete obliteration of the upper cervix and cavity', however it seems he may have been able to clear 95% of it? I think I have about a 50% chance of it growing back and it clearly did after my last hysteroscopy in January but worse??!!

I think we are going back next week to discuss MRI and surgery results further but right now I am so devastated to go from a mild-mod case to severe. The risks to both myself and a baby are so high now, I just don't know right now if I can put myself through it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish, so sorry to hear you such had a bad reaction to the anaesthetic!!! That sounds horrible. Re your query, my dr did not grade the Ashermans (that I know of) but told me that my cervix was completely closed (no AF could get through at all) and I had quite a lot of tissue removed. I also had adhesions around my caesarian scar which she was unable to remove due to the risk of rupture so they were left behind. I then had the double whammy of the adenomyosis (basically, areas of endometriosis inside the uterus where the lining grows into the muscle instead of out into the uterine cavity). I think a lot depends on how you respond to the oestrogen (and if I remember you weren't on oestrogen at all after the last procedure - and I think it plays a HUGE role not only in endometrial regeneration but also in avoiding regrowth of scarring). Also I understand that the gel Dr V uses has a fantastic record on avoiding regrowth of scarring - even better than the balloon stent they use in the US, without the risk of infection that comes from the stent.

I know its difficult, but you have to try to keep calm and focus on healing while you wait for next week's appointment. I know I was deeply depressed after my hysteroscopy, and had only a marginal response to the oestrogen (Progynova) and the doctor had to increase my dosage pretty dramatically to get an adequate lining. I guess what I am saying is that while I know you must be feeling pretty low right now, there is hope. Yes, a post Ashermans pregnancy is a high risk pregnancy, but it can also be a healthy pregnancy. There are plenty of stories out there, including on the Ashermans website, of people having healthy pregnancies after Ashermans. Yes, there is a relatively high risk of regrowth which is why my doctor advised me to go straight into a FET in the first cycle after the hysteroscopy (basically, to try and 'beat' the scar tissue) which is what I did even though I'm not sure I was emotionally ready, but as you know, I did get pregnant. Hang in there lovely, this story can still have a happy ending.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tryingfortwo For This Useful Post:

PinkButterfly  (05-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish - I'm so sorry love to read your last post. I'm so pleased you've got the lovely 'Trying' to guide you through this horrible time. I'm watching and cheering you on from the sidelines (along with so many others on BH!!) and hoping like crazy that there is some light at the end of all this for you. cyber hugs for now and happy to catch up whenever you're ready x x x

HI to everyone else... and have a great Easter break x

Thanks
    Reviews
    starfish - I'm not sure if any of us can say anything as meaningful and relevant, nor as eloquently, as trying on this topic. I have no knowledge of Asherman's at all, but if it helps at all, am again sending you as many of these as you can handle. I so hope that, like trying, you can move through the devastation of the news you have just been given and find a pathway forward. It's bl00dy unfair that you've already had to find so many 'pathways forward' already, but trying's experience - and the experience of others that she points to - does suggest that there is still hope.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish i just wanted to pop in to send you a big cyber hug.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish, my dear, this is just so horrible for you, I am so so sorry you are having to go through all this pain. As T42 says you have the best of the best working for you so I am hoping he works his magic for you and can help you fulfil what we all know you deserve so so very much. You are in my thoughts so much xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wishing you all an Easter full of CHOCOLATE !!

starfish darling just take each day a step at a time and deal with the next lot of info when it comes . Sending huge hugs your way

Slinky fingers crossed for Monday and a lovely Easter surprise

Love and hugs to all

SpotTheOcelot is offline 'Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh starfish...massive hugs from here too my lovely. I am so glad Trying is here with experience.. all I can offer you is virtual hugs and that you are on my mind.

xxxxx