Closed Thread
Page 20 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Starfish, I know that realistically a diagnosis of Ashermans was the most likely possibility from today's appointment, but I also know you must be absolutely gutted nonetheless. I know that pain, and I know the statistics around miscarriage and recurrence are truly terrifying. My heart aches for you . BUT my dear as you know I am now 34 weeks pregnant with my post-Ashermans baby - it can and does happen as you know from the Ashermans group, and with Dr V you know you are in the hands of the very best doctor in Australia to treat the condition. Re the risk of future miscarriage, too, I think you need to keep it in perspective in the sense that, once you do become pregnant (and I continue to firmly believe this will happen for you) then Dr V will refer you to a high-risk obstetrician with expertise in treating post-Ashermans pregnancies (as I have) who will monitor you closely and act proactively to keep you pregnant. I know there is a process of grief and anger that follows an Ashermans diagnosis - it is so desperately unfair, after all you have been through, that you have this thrown at you. But I continue to believe that Ashermans is a speed bump, not a roadblock, on your road to motherhood. As you know I am the resident hippie on this thread so I thought I would throw into the mix my suggestion that you may want to consider acupuncture - I found it useful through my surgeries (both to keep me calm and to help with healing). I am glad that the Ashermans group has been a good support to you - those daily emails kept me going through some pretty dark times and I continue to rely on those wonderful women for advice on possible Ashermans-related issues that have arisen during this pregnancy. Hang in there, and I promise to buy you an Asherman's "Worth the Wait" onesie when you give birth to your post Asherman's baby

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tryingfortwo For This Useful Post:

Starf1sh  (03-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Slinky, I think we must have been posting at the same time Am so glad you are going ahead with that FET tomorrow and that you sound like you are in a calm headspace about it all. Certainly as I reflected back on my own journey to this pregnancy when I wrote that last post to Starfish, I remember my thoughts at the time of my current FET: "What will be, will be". I pinned so much hope on each earlier transfer, but for this one, I just quietly spoke to the embryo, saying that if there was a soul meant to enter the world, that I was ready to love and nurture and care for it. And now I am 34 weeks! I am officially the most pregnant I have ever been because my DS delivered at 33 weeks. Bub is breech (usual case scenario in a post-Ashermans pregnancy) but it doesn't really matter in a sense because I have to have a c-section anyway. I will be thinking of you tomorrow, and really hope that the little soul to complete your family is in that FET

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tryingfortwo For This Useful Post:

slinkymalinki  (04-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's been a difficult year so far for many of you

Starf1sh - I'm so sorry you have been diagnosed with Ashermans Syndrome, but I too think that you will have a successful pregnancy regardless. I've been on threads with you for years Starf1sh, and know your BFP is around the corner This is another hurdle you will clear, but again I'm sorry it has been put before you

Slinky - I'll be hanging around to cheer you on for your FET. You are due a long sticky BFP, and I totally get how you feel about this one. My lucky last worked, and I had steeled myself for it not working. Heaps of for you.

Trying - It's so good to see your ticker with 34 weeks. You really are getting there one step at a time I can't wait until you post that birth announcement

Kismet - It's finally all started for you. Yes, jabbing again does your head in after such a lovely break away from it all. But a little brother or sister for your baby girl will be a fitting reward for all your hard work

JFB - My all day 'morning' sickness prevents me from eating cakes, dessert, much chocolate....sigh. Just boring carbs and small frequent meals. Let's hope it eases before Easter. Your weight will come off after the birth. Two bubs to chase around

I'm just tracking along. Starting to pop now, and will head off to buy a preggy pillow because I'm finding it's hard to get comfortable when I'm in bed. I marked 4 months on Wed We spend TTC waiting, waiting, waiting, and now it's all flying by

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to milliegirl For This Useful Post:

slinkymalinki  (04-04-2012),Starf1sh  (03-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    just wanted to give to starfish..i cant imagine what its been like for you .

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jfblady72 For This Useful Post:

Starf1sh  (03-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish - big from me too... I can't really add more to the comments above and trying's beautiful knowledgable words but I also hope and pray that your time will come SOON!!!!!!!

Slinky - hope you had that 'chat' with your little embryo x

Millie - lovely to see you're doing so well

Trying - fantastic news gorgeous!! You'll have that beautiful BIG boy in your arms soon - can't wait...

to all those I've missed - sorry I'm not here more often to support you all along...

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mum4nay For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish – I too feel feeble sending you virtual hugs after reading your news. I can’t imagine how you are feeling right now, it is so unfair you have had complication after complication, it is beyond words, beyond unfair my friend. I hope your procedures next week are successful in helping you move forward. So glad T42 has been here to share her valuable knowledge and contacts for you and just keep her success in mind too.

Crofty – good luck for your procedure next week, hope it gives you some answers. Rest up over easter.

Slinky – hope your FET went well, your positive & relaxed approach is wonderful and i hope that helps you. I have everything crossed for you.

Milli – so glad all going well, the rest of your pregnancy will no doubt fly by!

Mum4nay – hope all going well with your boys

Rai – how did your scan go – hope all went well. Hope your DD is better too.

T42 – congrats on being the most pregnant you have been – not long to go now

AFM – thanks for all your support, Isabella is doing well, struggling a bit on the strong antibiotics but other than that is an absolute delight. I am trying to bury my head in the sand a bit and just enjoy her. Looks like surgery for removing her kidney wouldn’t be til shes a bit older and stronger fortunately. We have a few appts this week and tests coming up, but trying not to think about it all too much.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PinkButterfly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish...I am crying reading your post. It is just not fair. I hope you will get all the best help to solve this so everything will work out ok for you when you get pregnant....my heart is aching in reading all about it. I am thinking of you.....

Pink, I hope Isabella is doing ok. I am sure she is the most beautiful delight and is lighting up your life...so precious.....
    ope next weeks appointments goes well...

Trying...wow...not long to go....

Slinky...how are doing lovely? is all I can say.....

Millie....wow...how wonderful to read about your pregnancy....

Kismet....wow..are you starting again!!!!!! Where are you up too?

Crofty....how are you coping?

Seeing my FS tomorrow to hopefully start my FET soon....

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swedeendie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    STARFISH i join the long line I am so sorry you are faced with another stumbling block but as T42 says it is just a stumbling bloock and before you know it things will be undercontrol and you will be on your way having to having your more than deserved and precious bub. In the meantime look after you gorgeous girl.

Millie so pleased to hear you have started to POP

T42 well done on 34 weeks gorgeous i hope it continues to go well.

Pink hope all is well with you and precious Isabella and they get her kidney problem sorted .

KISMET woohoo for no 2 - wishing you well gorgeous

Swedee hope all goes well for you with the next FET.

Love and hugs to you all

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Melk For This Useful Post:

Starf1sh  (03-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Trying, I really do feel that I owe a great debt of gratitude to you for all of the amazing support and information you have given me. I appreciate that you really went out on a limb to help me when you began to recognise the signs of Asherman's in my posts and I have really appreciated how selflessly you have guided me. I definitely would not have been able to so proactively seek appropriate treatment without you. You are an absolute angel!

I'll be madly stalking you in the coming weeks for your news of your beautiful boy's arrival....and will be awaiting my onesie in the mail down the track!

Thanks also Slinky, Pink, Millie, Swede, Jfb (stalking you too and LOVED your belly pic! ), Mum4nay, Melk, I'm really feeling the love!

Millie, congrats on reaching the 4 month mark...hope we get to see your belly too at some stage?

Mum4nay, I'm sorry again for cancelling on you. Will definitely get my sh!t together after Easter. The boys sound very sweet together and hope that health wise things are tracking along ok in your family

Pink, thinking of you for Isabella's appts this week Would also love to see a photo of her now she's here!

Swede, how did your FS appointment go?

Melk, lovely to hear from you as always!

Now for Slinky, Our PUPO Woman!!! Hope there is some serious snuggling going on in your uterus

AFM, slowly, slowly trying to make a plan going forwards. I'm still really worrried about a future pregnancy but take heart from Trying my post Asherman's pin up girl I had an MRI on Monday (that was a weird and loud experience!) and I'm having a hysteroscopy with Prof V tomorrow. Hopefully will know a lot more after this about my future chances. I'm giving some serious thought to a clean break from my FS and clinic and have spent some time drafting a letter, partly as a cathartic exercise but also wanting to clearly articulate my concerns. Namely, why I wasn't offered medical miscarriage management option, why they don't routinely use ultrasound guidance for transfers (hence the false passage created due to adhesion's covering my cervix and my embryo incorrectly placed) and highlighting the MANY opportunities there were in the last 12 months to identify there was a significant problem. Still makes the blood boil when I think about it

I just want to wish each and every one of you wonderful women and your families a fabulous Easter and hope there is plenty of CHOCOLATE indulgence!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starf1sh - I think it is well worth it to draft that letter. When you see it listed in your post, it is obvious that there has been a lot of mismanagement (and lack of proactive planning on the clinics part). So typical in the IVF industry. We usually have to research everything ourselves and manage our own care. Good luck with your hysteroscopy and the MRI results. I really wish it brings you some clear hope and sets you on the path to being UTD in no time

Slinky - How are you feeling? When is your BT? Good luck

Swede - It seems like yesterday when you were trying for no 1. Time really flies, and now you are back for bub no 2 Here's a dose of to help you on your way.

'Hi' to JFB, Trying, Mum4Nay, Melk and Pink.

AFM - I'm still looking to land my next contract role (much harder with a 'commitment' in September. The agencies want ultimate flexibility even if the role is for 3 months and I have 5 months free). So I'm spending this time getting all the necessary home jobs done so that the house is ready for bub. Lots of painting, woodwork, roof work, changing furnishings to be more 'child proof' etc. Ebay is my very good friend right now

20. The Following User Says Thank You to milliegirl For This Useful Post: