Closed Thread
Page 19 of 75 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    PinkB - what heart breaking hurdles you are faced with. My goodness you are strong, your daughter chose well when she chose her parents. I could not fathom facing a major operation such as that. My DD had an umbilical hernia op at 2 years, that was hard enough and it is nothing compared to what your going through. Keep being strong.

AFM I am home off work as my daughter MAY have whooping cough, a child in her class has just been diagnosed with it and she too had all the early signs. On antibiotics and in quarantine for 5 days. Ironically I am only off because of her but I feel soooo damn sick today. Stupidly I start to vomit when my stomach is empty, when there is nothing too bring up and I couldn't face food anyway..... I need ginger, but can't get to the shops. We are only 6 weeks today, I think. Scan is next wednesday at 7 weeks. I'm confused as I thought the heartbeat can only be detected after week 8? Who knows, fingers crossed we make it to Wednesday. Would like a confirmation that I haven't dreamt this all up in my head.

Hope this finds you all well

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rai37 For This Useful Post:

PinkButterfly  (01-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Pink, I thought you could use a little colour today my dear I'm so sorry to hear it has been such a stressful time awaiting Isabella's results and while she has a journey ahead of her (and for your family) it is great to hear that it is not life threatening. Will be thinking of you all over the coming weeks

As for the surgeons...hmmm I think it has more to do with the the amount of monitoring that would be required for a medical intervention rather than surgical which drives the scalpel being the 1st line of treatment offered. Yes I'm feeling cynical too and more than a little bit jaded by my experiences

Slinky, I have sent you a PM Hope you get some clear direction from your FS appt tomorrow

Rai, the heart starts to beat in the 5th week and should reliably be seen on the scan in the 6th/7th week of pregnancy. for your scan, take care of yourself and I hope your DD is feeling better soon also.

AFM, waiting, waiting, waiting Things are super busy at work, and holiday feels like a distant memory already!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

PinkButterfly  (01-04-2012),slinkymalinki  (22-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    PinkB, my DS needed surgery at 6 months - it is a terrifying prospect I know, especially as you have to be strong for both your girls. I wanted you to know that I am sending vibes of strength and rapid healing to both little Isabella and to you, that you will all be in my thoughts and my prayers.

Slinky, I can sense your frustration - this IVF business sucks. I think it is the uncertainty of this business that is so frustrating - you can't know whether the issue is your embryos or your endometrium or some other factor. I think you have the right approach in going to see your FS and seeking her advice on what to do going forward - gosh, the limited time you have is another pressure I am sure you don't need! Good luck ... hope you get some good answers.

Starfish, The 29th is not far away - hope Dr V gives you some good answers. The waiting sucks I know. Hang in there.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tryingfortwo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies hope you’re all well, been MIA as I broke my laptop and it's so hard to reply to everyone's progress on iPhone - but here goes (a copy and paste cheat from email though!!!)

Pink B - big hugs to Princess Isabella - and bigger hugs to you and DH, you all need them, and I can't begin to think how hard this all must be for you all - but I am sure to say that you can get through this rough time unscathed!!! It just $ux it has to happen to you 2 - especially with how much you've had to go through to get to this point - I often wonder why, but hey…..if we knew the answer to that, then there would probably be no need for the IVF journey

Trying - how's things, hope you're well, trying to see where your up to with your baby journey????

Slinky - sorry to hear of your BFN - looking forward to hearing your decision on your next FET!

Melk - thx for popping in, wow is Izzy 8 months already!!!!! So happy she's doing well, LOL at Starfish asking if you’ve been thinking of your FET!!!! So - any plans yet????

Swede - GL with FET - when are you scheduled for?

Starfish - our holiday is booked for end of May - 9 weeks away!!! G/L with your endo appt on 29th March - hope all goes well. Happy Belated Birthday fellow 1975r and Byron sounded Amaze!!!!

Hey Millie - you made me smile with your kind words to Star!!! Hope all is going well with smudge

Hi Troppo - welcome back and hope all going well with up and coming Donor sperm cycle

Fiona - hope u had a fabulous 40th Birthday !!!!!

Spot - how's bubs going, can't believe you're 16 weeks already!!!!! Ru going to find out if your prediction is right with a pending princess????

Mum4Nay - glad to hear from you and we totally understand how busy you are with Tom, we're just happy that you keep us regularly updated with your boys progress and totally $ux about Nathan's appointment!!!

Rai - welcome and congrats on your BFP after a hard 6 years!!! How are you travelling, hope your well how long have you been in the IVF rollercoaster (as I saw form you're signature you have a 7yr DD???)

AFM - still waiting for the 5th April to come around for my lap and hyst - not sure if I told you all that we decide against FET prior to my procedure? Anyway, we decided not too, as who knows what will come from the lap/hyst - and we decided not to waste our 2 little (Day 1) bubsicles - so we'll be raring to go when we get back from our overseas holiday in June

Positive thoughts for everyone Love Crofty xo

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crofty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    crofty - wise decision to wait until after the lap/hyst for your FET . Hope time flies for you. With an overseas trip on the horizon, June will be just around the corner.

rai - a good sign that you're throwing up Hope the waiting is not doing your head in too much and that DD is OK soon.

AFM - appt with FS today held no surprises. Basically she confirmed that we have already done all the investigations that science currently knows, and I'm already on all the medications that are relevant to our situation. She is truly stumped as to why it does not work. And frustrated on our behalf. We have decided, after all, to move straight into a final FET and to use both embies at once. If neither are going to work anyway, I'd rather have it over and done with and come off all these drugs asap. So it'll be into a day 9 BT soon, with transfer in about 10 days time. A Buddhist friend of ours had our photograph 'blessed' by her Buddhism teacher (photograph only because he was in Brisbane and we are in Canberra). Apparently in person blessings by him have had a 100% success rate. Not sure what difference it makes being only a photo, but figured it was worth a try. If it works this time, I'll definitely be thanking him!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to slinkymalinki For This Useful Post:

Rai37  (25-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crofts - great idea to wait. My FS told me that the jury is still out on wether it is the IVF process that brings about a Positive result or the 'poking around' that stimulates things to happen. We had a endometrial biopsy done and got our BFP from a natural FET after. I read an article from the UK that they are testing it there, very hard to prove though. Good luck!
    In answer to your question about our IVF journey, our DD was natural. We started IVF in QLD before we relocated here. I did not add this to my bio as I feel the whole experience there was a waste anyway, the FS was a drip.

Scan this week yeah for getting this far! 7 weeks only though, what a slow process this is. My inlaws surprised us with the news they will be visiting this week. If the scan goes fine, we will tell them before they leave. Hanging out for 3 months to tell our DD, I soooo want this to work so I can see her face when we tell her.

Better go lovely ladies, have a great day all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Popping in quickly to wish Starfish all the best for todays appt, I hope you get some valuable info

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sneaky quick post to say I'll be thinking of you today, Starfish, and hoping you have a really good appointment with Dr V, that he has some good and positive answers about what is going on with your endometrium, and that he has a plan to help you conceive and deliver a beautiful healthy baby .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pink and Trying, so incredibly sweet of you guys to remember my appt, particularly with everything else you both have going on in your own lives

So DH and I both met with Dr V. Based on my hysteroscopy results from Jan he gave me a formal diagnosis of Asherman's syndrome, probably grade 2. He also thinks the reason I haven't had another AF is due to the scar tissue regrowing since the surgery in Jan.

He gave me a 60% chance of giving birth if I am able to conceive again. I now have an even higher chance of MC than before (if that is even possible!) and he really brought home to me the now high risk nature of any pregnancy that I may carry.

Even though I know this was all a high probability I am absolutely gutted. I have been unable to stop crying since the appt because I am so angry that this happened to me and so afraid for the future. As if we didn't have enough obstacles in our way to begin with and now I have an "acquired" condition through no fault of our own and simply following the advice of my FS. I am so angry right now about both the manner in which I acquired it and the way it has subsequently been managed/ IGNORED by my FS and clinic that I don't know if I can continue with him, but that is a decision is for a calmer time.

Dr V has booked me for an MRI to check for vascular damage and likely another hyst next week to again remove the scar tissue but to coat the lining with a special gel to prevent it reforming and starting estrogen therapy as well. The good news is that he believes if it is successful there is no reason I can't grow as thick and lush a lining again as I could pre-Asherman's, so that's the best scenario I guess. I feel really passionate about getting the word out about the risks of D&C's and need to give some more thought about how to tackle this with my clinic and FS.

Trying
    the Aussie chapter of the Asherman's group have been an invalueable source of support and will be going forward from here so thank you again for putting me in touch with them

Slinky, I hope that all is on track for your FET

Crofty, all the best for your lap/hyst. Hope you get some clear answers so you can move forward with your FET.
    Rai, hope your scan went really well!!
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 30-03-2012 at 06:42.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

slinkymalinki  (29-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish - I have sent you a PM.

trying - don't think I thanked you properly for the lovely words in your post of 21 March. It is so exciting to see your ticker nearly at 34 weeks. Yippee!!!!

Our transfer will happen tomorrow morning. Am feeling very resolved about it and confident that if it does not work there will certainly be no regrets.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to slinkymalinki For This Useful Post:

Starf1sh  (30-03-2012)