Closed Thread
Page 18 of 75 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    SPOT and MILLIE wonderful to hear all is going well for your pregnancies i am so excited for you both. Take care xoxox

PINKB Congratulations on Isabella beautiful little girl I hope they sort out her kidney issue quickly.

GARDENIA Congratulations on the arrival of Beau enjoy every moment lovely

MUM4NAY COngratulations on the arrival of Tom he sounds like a gorgeous little boy who loves his milk. take care. All the best with Nathan too hope it all sorts its self out.

Slinky fingers crossed

Starfish hugs gorgeous i cant imagine how frustrating this must all be for you. Enjoy Byron sending huge hugs.

SWEEDE sorry to hear your natural BFPs were chems.

FIONA Hope you are going well lovely

We are all good Izzy is 8months this Saturday and time has just flown she is thriving and doig so well

Love to you all I think of you everyday just dont get the chance to get on as often as i would like.
    xoxox

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Melk For This Useful Post:

fionaalice  (18-03-2012),PinkButterfly  (19-03-2012),SpotTheOcelot  (17-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    starfish, trying, melk - thank you ladies for the kind words. Today's BT confirmed a BFN. Sort of at my wits end with it all. We have decided to roll straight into a final FET, to transfer both of the remaining two. At the risk of sounding out and out negative, I don't hold much hope, but it's impossible to leave them there, or 'let them go'. For now, looking forward to getting some life back for a couple of weeks. And in the meantime trying not to think too much about the whys/why nots.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Melk - It's lovely to hear from you. I'm so glad your family are doing well.

Slinky - You have been through such a hard time. My BFP came from my last 2 embies (donor), so I truly hope that you have the same 'lucky last' BFP

Swede - I'm so sorry to read about your miscarriage. My FS's insist there is no such thing as a chem pregnancy and it is a real pregnancy that has had an early miscarriage (or otherwise traces of pregnyl obscuring a preg BT test). So you obviously are getting pregnant which is a great sign, and now we just need an embie strong enough to stick for 9 mths. Wishing you all the luck in the world

Starf1sh - I'll still be hanging around to celebrate your BFP with you. Have a wonderful time in Byron

AFM - I have the flu, and am still hunting for a new contract. It's really hard as I can only work under 6mths and most contracts offered over the last month or so are 6mths plus. So 80% of roles I can't do. Poor but happy to be in this position with Smudge on board. We never get everything happening right at the same time do we? I'm happy to have this one big thing go right

Here is a big dose of to help your 'big thing' go right too.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to milliegirl For This Useful Post:

slinkymalinki  (20-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Slinky, I'm so sorry the BFN was confirmed It sounds to me that you really have left no stone unturned with covering off the thyroid and possible immune issues and you have fought so hard to give your embies the best possible chance. I guess then it comes down to the embryo having the 'goods' to go all the way and I'm hoping so much for you that your long awaited bubba will be in this batch ...if not two!

Melk, great to hear from you and Ms Izzy! Sounds like things are going wonderfully Thanks for dropping by to add your support

Trying, thanks Like all things in life you take the good moments with the bad and I think the worst of the bad has passed for now. The more I read about Asherman's the angrier I began to feel about my situation as I have had many 'lightbulb' moments now thinking back on my experience. Both times all I was offered was to wait for the pregnancy to end naturally (both times I waited a harrowing week and no movement) or the D&C.

I still can't say 100% for sure I wouldn't have taken the D&C option the 1st time around when the pregnancy was more advanced and I was so distressed but I certainly wish I had been told about the risks and alternatives available. Looking back over things I am fairly confident the scarring was caused by D&C no. 2 as after this was when things started to go wrong with my lining and I now believe it is possible my 2nd natural BFP & subsequent MC could have been impacted by this issue.

To anyone reading who sadly has the experience of having a MC and being offered a D&C, ASK about other medical options for miscarriage management like misoprostol and whether this might be a suitable option for you.

I am very excited that you are on the home stretch now and look I'm so looking forward to hearing the wonderful news your new addition has arrived safe and sound! How does your DS feel about having a baby brother?

Millie, I LOVE reading your pregnancy updates and I'm so glad that all is going well and you are able to really enjoy the experience. Hope you are feeling better soon and you are able to get a contract and keep the coffers topped up!

Pink, Spot, Crofty, Swede and co.

AFM, back from Byron and DH and I had a wonderful time together Lots of swims at the beach, lots of indulgence in food and cocktails and lots of laughs. We really needed it. We also went diving which was probably one of the most brutal and amazing dive experiences we've had all rolled into one. The sea conditions were atrocious, massive swell, strong currents and we all lost our breaky at some point! BUT we saw manta rays, eagle rays, a huge bull ray, lots of leopard sharks and a few very large and graceful turtles which was beautiful.

Now back into work and reality and awaiting my appt with Dr V on March 29th. Have a great weekend all, we've come back to in Sydney!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning ladies

Sorry to stalk you all but I have been lurking here trying to fine a place to join in. We fit the over 35 category and we just got a BFP after 6 years. We are not even 6 weeks yet and I am so very scared. I know I can't do anything else now other than look after myself but not being able to talk about everything is doing my head in.

Slinky- we got our BFP from our last frosty, the others did not survive the thaw. Just keep telling yourself, "it does happen and it CAN happen for you".

Starfish- we left our frosties and did 4 months of extra tests and even though they came up with zilch, I felt soo much better for knowing that we were doing all we could. You go girl.

Have a great weekend all

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rai37 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Slinky major bummer so sorry to hear BFN was confirmed. I hope and pray that your special little person is just waiting in the freezer and will happily find its home with this last FET. you have been a tru fighter and survivor of this battle.Sending big hugs .

Starfish so glad Byron was great the dive sounds full on but fab. i haven't been for a dive in what feels like ages. take care and big hugs for whatever is up next.

Milli hope the flu moves on soon. So happy that you and smudge have found each other. Look after yourself

Spot hope you and bub are doing well

Big hugs to all you beautiful women.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Melk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rai, wow 6 years is a long time TTC no.2. Congratulations on your recent BFP! When are you having your scan?

Melk, any plans on the horizon for bring your snowbubs out to play?

SpotTheOcelot is offline 'Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Melk, always so lovely to see you here.

We are doing really well. Coming up to 16 weeks and most of the 1st trimester sysmptons have gone, just leaving me with blocked nose, always tired and sore b00bs.

I am having fortnightly scans on my crvix so always lovely to see 'stripes' ... Tuesday is my next scan and the Doctor says he should be able to see if it's a girl or boy. Always have felt it is a girl

My husband is just so thrilled, he lies in bed at night with his hand on my ever increasing belly, chatting to our baby And every now and then he reads up in a little preggie diary to see how big 'stripes' is each week.

Sending out my love and positive thoughts to all you girls here.

xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Slinky – so so sorry to hear about the BFN, hoping for a very big positive for your next FET.

Spot – 16 weeks – fantastic – so happy for you that all is going well!! Your Dh sounds like he will be a fantastic dad!

Millie – glad to hear your pregnancy is progressing well. Hope u get over the flu ASAp!

RAi – congrats on your BFP – after 6 yrs, wow so happy for you

Melk – nice to hear from you!

Swede – Great taste in names!! Sounds like your body knows what to do with getting pregnant- hopefully you will get an embryo that sticks for the long haul v.soon either naturally or when you do your FET.

Mum4nay – hope the feeding with Tom is slowing down. Sorry to hear that the paed appt was disappointing – i hope the speech and OT makes a big difference for Nathan. Thinking of you.

Starfish – wonderful to hear you had a great trip away, the dive trip sounds amazing –well aside from the rough conditions. I can really understand your frustration over the lack of education about the D&C’s – i wonder too why they don’t talk about the other options – the cynical side of me wonders if it’s because they are surgeons (and infherently love surgery)??? And they think its the best option without trying least invasive first. I feel the same about all the ops i had in my 20’s for ovarian cysts – Dr S reckons the damage they caused my ovaries caused or contributed to my low AMH. I hope your appt on the 29th is helpful and gives you some solutions.

Tryingfor two – so glad to read you are 32 weeks now, that must be a great feeling! Not long to go now!

Croftyhope all good with you

Gardenia – hope all going well with bub

AFM – we have had a full-on couple of weeks. We heard back from the paed and everything had to be done urgently which was v.stressful. Isabella had to have further tests with no one giving us the full picture except snippets of info (which when combined with the evil Dr Google caused us no end of stress). Unfortunately things are alot worse than they thought from the pre-natal scans and her left kidney is barely functioning. Fortunately her right kidney is fine (it took a week before we got this confirmed) and they will continue to monitor it. She will have further tests in the next 6 weeks but its likely they will have to remove her left kidney. Until then she’s on high dose antibiotics which is giving her diarrhoea. Its been an emotional rollercoaster but we are so relieved its not life threatening and just heightens our feelings of how truly precious she is. Thanks for thinking of me.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkButterfly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    pinkB - what an unbelievably stressful time for you and your family. It is a relief to hear that her right kidney is fine. Your attitude is admirable - looking always on the positive side. It is horrible though seeing your little one having to go through any hardship. I hope the diarrhoea doesn't continue indefinitely.

starfish - it's great to hear you had a fantastic holiday. Just what the doctor ordered. It is also very good that you feel you've moved through the worst of the bad for now. Thanks too for your very kind words. It must be right that it is a matter of finding the embie that has what it takes, though I am now at the stage where I feel there is something fundamentally out-of-whack with my body that is preventing even a skerrick of implantation....

rai37 - welcome and a huge congrats on your recent BFP. 6 years is far too long to have to endure. I can totally understand your nervousness. that you're in for the long haul.

millie and spot - fantastic to hear that all keeps chugging along for both of you . Spot - your DH sounds super-cute.

melk - thank you for the lovely words. Your posts here are always so wonderfully supportive. That little Izzy is lucky to have you as her mummy!

AFM - will be seeing the FS on Thursday this week to discuss what to do. Had initially thought of just one final double FET (partly because time has become such a big issue), but thinking about it more I want to talk with her again about what other options there might be. Still on the prednisolone so we can still go ahead with another FET this cycle if we decide to, but want to ask FS what she would do in our situation.