+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I love giving and receiving gifts.

All of it. I love people admiring my wrapping, I love opening presents, especially when I don't know what they are...

We only really do gifts in the family, and we are all very thoughtful, so no one ever leaves with obligatory gifts, just things others genuinely wanted to give them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH is the first person I've known who hates receiving presents. After a few years of failed gift giving I've conceded to not buying him anything this Xmas but making his fave dessert for Xmas day instead. As long as he knows that I like getting gifts, this might work out really well hehe. But still I wish I could give the person I love a gift on a special day.. I find it a bit odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I love it! Bring on the presents!!

My family and friends are all pretty big on presents. We love buying for each other, and I start my Xmas shopping really early, and then buy gifts whenever I go out.

I'm a big kid when it comes to Christmas - it still feels magical to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I don't like getting presents purely for the fact I always get rubbish!!! I hate "stuff" unless it has a purpose (and I'll use it) I hate it!! ILs always get brick-a-brack crap I'd rather nothing.

I love giving gifts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I love love love giving gifts and love receiving them and cannot imagine Christmas without them.

I don't care about getting birthday presents but Christmas is on a whole other scale in my family.

I rarely get useless gifts and think carefully about what to get others (usually only family and a couple of close friends). I am lucky to have a good disposable income so I can buy things for my family that they won't buy themselves either due to price or they don't know how to source them.

One of the presents each year from my mum is a donation through world vision or Oxfam and it always makes me cry as she picks items that are relevant in our own lives, eg my brother is a teacher so he might pay for education materials for a child, or I might pay for a number of children to be immunised etc

I do not understand, nor want to understand if I am honest, why people think that Christmas is just for children. Santa is for children but Christmas as a whole is for everyone who wishes to celebrate and embrace it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I love buying and giving gifts- I put a lot of thought and effort into buying things I think the other person will live.
    But personally, I prefer not to receive gifts. Generally I feel disappointed with things I receive. But I guess I must be a difficult person to buy for!

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    I always feel awkward, sorta "Uh yeah... thanks!". I figure since I am an adult, with my own money, I'd just buy what I want to own? I don't buy gifts for adults either, maybe a bunch of flowers at random times or something but not just because it's Christmas. I'd find it a bit strange feeling obligated to buy a gift, for example, for my parents - who have way more disposable cash than I do! And how is it really "the thought that counts" when a gift is expected?

Do you buy for the grown-ups?
    Ah what a relief to read your thread borntobe!

I like getting presents but i hate getting presents i don't want... but DH just hates presents, they do nothing for him. His whole family are like that. My family will swamp you with presents, his... well nothing. Christmas is a non-event really. I try to maintain a happy medium. this year i picked one present for myself, and i have a girlfriend whom i always exchange a present with, so we both have a surprise under the tree.

But yeah i hate the whole obliged to buy thing, i started a thread a few days asking was it mean not to buy my mum a present (cos she has everything she wants and then some) but most of the replies were suggestions of things you could buy for someone who has everything... I'm not knocking anyone's responses, they were trying to be helpful, but that wasn't really what i was asking lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'm pretty lucky that I'm generally given really thoughtful, awesome gifts although I'm getting to a point where I have so much stuff I really need to stop getting things fullstop.

I'm a shocking present giver I never know what to buy. This year I spent ages writing lists, thinking of what people want but I always end up having the same conundrum - does he/she already have it? Is he/she actually going to like it???

I find it really difficult and I end up buying random crap

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I love, love, love, giving and receiving gifts.
    I only buy for immediate family and I spend a lot of time thinking of something they would enjoy. I also spend a ridiculous amount of time and effort wrapping coz I like everything looking pretty and matching.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub