+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Advise on IVF Treatments - Natural Cycle more sucessful than Controlled HRT Cycle

Hi,
    Just wanting some advise with IVF treatments, is a Natural Cycle more successful than a controlled HRT (using Progynova and Crinone and Estro Patches) Cycle? I have had three Natural Cycles in the past with two pregnancies with one live birth. Each Natural Cycle was with one embryo transferred at a time, my live birth was with a fresh embryo and frozen embryo with the baby that I lost.

I had two fresh embryos transferred in October 2011, no success and two frozen on the 9th December 2011 no success. This cycle on the 9th was on a HRT Cycle (assisted with Progynova, Estro Patches and Crinone). I am thinking for my last frozen embyro my husband and I were thinking of doing a Natural Cycle, maybe it might work?

I have tried to talk to my Dr at the IVF Clinic who has just said that I have less than 20% rate either method of getting pregnant again as I am now 41yrs old. I am starting to feel let down, maybe it was not meant to be, I feel sad and I am starting to think if this last embryo does not work I should maybe give up. Deep down I do not want too, but feel I am against the odds of ever having another baby!

Has anyone got any thoughts that may help? It would be sincerely appreciated!

Kind Regards

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

This is my first post. I''ve had 3 transfers so far. Two were fresh on HRT with crinone and the last one frozen after a natural cycle. Just had my blood test today for a BFN. Feeling quite miserable too. I've just turned 42 and my doc said i have less than 20% chance per cycle and that 'many of my eggs would be deformed' at my age. I have 2 frozen embryos left but i have to wait another month before i can have it transferred. Not sure why. I haven't had any children yet and i am also thinking i may have missed the boat, but will persist for the forseeable future! Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    Out of three FET cycles I have had two BFP's the 1st being in 2009. I was OHSS so was unable to do a fresh transfer at the time. The month after my OHSS I did a natural cycle and got a BFN. My 1st BPF was the next month and with a natural cycle. My 2nd BFP was with my current pregnancy and this was an HRT cycle.

Personally I find the natural cycles much less stressful. Yes there were more blood tests etc but having to take so much medication this time round and continuing to have to take them for so long into the pregnancy (I am 13 weeks and only now weening off the meds) was awful. I think it is much better for your body to do everything itself if possible. If I go again I will most definitely do the natural. It is a lot less expensive also. I felt a bit jipped as I saw my FS and he made the HRT sound so easy etc but did not discuss the price of the meds and how long I would have to continue taking them. I should have asked but I get nervous and forget lol.

I also found the side effects of the HRT meds a lot worse than anticipated.

Good luck to you both.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to L85 For This Useful Post:

zannah  (22-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Guys, I had two IVF cycles with 7 transfers altogether. I only ever did natural FET's but for me they were successful. I got 4 BFP's with 1 MC at 9wks and 2 chemicals before this last pregnancy. 3 of those were from natural FET cycles. I started this game at 38 and just got my BFP just before I turned 40.

The type of cycle you do often is dependent on why you are doing IVF. We had MFI so and I have no known fertility issues so the FS was happy for us to do natural cycles as I ovulate every month....

Try not to listen to all the 'statistics' because your situation is unique and who knows how you are going to respond.....

Goodluck!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jacklicky For This Useful Post:

zannah  (22-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Yolly,

I have had a few days to think about things and we are going to try again with our last FET on a Natural Cycle (fingers crossed).

For you, don't give up hope and I think you should try again with the embryos that you have left. I am not 100% sure why you have to wait a month before you try again, but I had the same as well between my transfers. I think it is to let your body have a break from treatment before a transfer takes place again in the following cycle.

Wishing you all the best of luck and don't give up!

Thank you to L85 and Jacklicky, you stories have been a big help to me and I am wishing you all luck and best wishes!

A "Merry Christmas" to you all and a very "Happy and Safe New Year"

Keep me posted in your progress, it is nice to know that there is someone else out there I now do not feel so alone!

Thank you to you all!

Kind Regards
    Last edited by zannah; 22-12-2011 at 15:43.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to zannah For This Useful Post:

L85  (22-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Merry Christmas

Hi Zannah

Hope you have a great Christmas and good luck with your next transfer.

It is good to have other people in the same situation to talk to as friends and family tend to either give unwanted advice or try to pretend that if i want it enough i'll get pregnant eventually, which doesn't really help.
    On the positive side - having to wait another month means i can have champagne for Christmas .

Let me know how you go