+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What's going on??? Recently stopped taking the pill, cycle changes...

Hi all, just after people's experiences on coming off the pill and cycle regularity.
    I stopped taking the pill in September this year. My first period came normally on time (4 weeks). When I say on time, I usually start taking the white pill on Monday, but after being on the pill for a year my period actually didn't come till the Friday, so the first cycle after coming off came on the Friday... so 4 weeks since my last one

The next cycle was 4 weeks and 6 days - was TTC during this time but wasn't OPK'ing so thought I was on a 4 week cycle, which I wasn't so.... no positive pregnancy tests for me! This cycle I OPK'd and got a positive test, so presuming I am ovulating fine, DTD regularly during those few days, but I am 5 weeks and 3 days since LMP and I have no period and no postive pregnancy tests either... I felt symptoms but to be totally honest they felt more like period symptoms rather than preganncy symptoms. But AF hasn't come yet.... and the symptoms aren't really present anymore either (cramping, little nausea etc).

I've taken multiple pregnancy tests that are all negative and it is 2 weeks and 1 day since we DTD when I was positive on the OPK... so it should be showing by now....?

Is it normal for your cycle to be this out of wack after coming off the pill? I was only on it for 1 year and 3 months. If AF doesn't come this week I might go to the doctor, but can anyone provide some advice??? This is so confusing!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi there..I came off the pill in July. Previous to being on the pill (which I was only on for 8 months) my cycles were anywhere from 18 to 36 days..My first cycle off the pill lasted 42 days..the next ones were 35. .37...35. So much longer than usual. Now 5 1/2 months on we still havent conceived and we used OPKs last cycle.

Ive heard a few women on here talk about their cycles being messed up after coming off birth control. Hopefully it sorts itself out for you soon and you get ur BFP

3. The Following User Says Thank You to starflame For This Useful Post:

NaturalBirth  (21-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    To give you an idea, I came off BC in June, had AF June 9 to June 14... July 17-21.... (skipped Aug all together) September 5-10...October 10-15! And no BFP's there at all! As a shift worker I have a hard time with OPK's as I never know what the best time to do one is! I *think* I O'd last cycle... but still no BFP! Dr has done all the BT's and all looks normal, no PCOS- she thinks I'm just impatient and I am! My Dr said it can take up to 12 months for the cycle to regulate. I'm on vitex- I don't think it's doing anything. Doc chuckled and said take it if you like, it can't hurt!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i can sympathise, i havent just come off the pill but i did just 2 months ago have my implanon taken out after having it in for 1 year and 5 months. got AF the day after i had it removed, next AF exactly 28 days later and now 6 weeks and 2 days on.. nothing and 2 negative pee tests at the doctor!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mrstuilawa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Ladies,

It's nice to know I'm not the only one!! To update AF came yesterday morning. Was a relief to know what was going on but a bit sad coz obvisouly I wasn't pregnant! Will see what happens after a few months of TTC'ing and see if my cycle gets back to some kind of regularity, otherwise I might go to the doctor to see what I can do!!

Thanks again, and good luck to you all,
    xx