+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Do you get clucky......

Over heavily pregnany women? I have bumped into a fair amount of retail workers who have gotten clucky over my baby belly and I find lots of friends want to hang out and buy baby things with me......

Now i'm asking because I was writing on a friends wall and we were trying to come up with a date to catch up and go shopping for baby, and I said maybe after chrissy as my baby belly and I are very popular atm, lots of clucky people! Then another mutual friend writes.....'lol, you have to have a baby lol'

Ummm what?

So I write back, I do!

It annoyed me. Poeple get clucky with baby bellys right?

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I did when I was TTC (the whole week it took ). I would look at pregnant bellies and feel envious and super clucky.

But now I look at a pregnant belly and shudder - I think pregnant women are *stunning*, but my last pregnancy was a bit strenuous, so I freak out a bit now unfortunately!

Riiiiight.. there. Where I'm pointing. See it?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    incredibly. i see them stroking their bellies and the jealousy in me makes me want to punch them. i never would of course, but damn i hate working front end service at a large restaurant in a large shopping centre!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Nope.

BABIES do, not women with baby bumps.

I like hanging out with pregnant women though - they have an excuse to go out looking at baby stuff, so I feel that if I tag along, I can pretend it's because I'm being helpful or whatever, rather than just clucking like mad on the inside.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sure do! even minutes after each of my 3 kids birth I was almost jealous in a good way that they were going to get to have a baby and I wasnt lol I was sitting at my kids xmas concert and almost getting teary over a preggy mum sitting in front of me thinking I wish I could be preg too. Not sure if your friend meant that in a mean way tho ,its hard to take which way a comment is meant to be when doing it over a computer sometimes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu 2 View Post
    Sure do! even minutes after each of my 3 kids birth I was almost jealous in a good way that they were going to get to have a baby and I wasnt lol I was sitting at my kids xmas concert and almost getting teary over a preggy mum sitting in front of me thinking I wish I could be preg too. Not sure if your friend meant that in a mean way tho ,its hard to take which way a comment is meant to be when doing it over a computer sometimes
    It's true but it annoyed me for some reason? Like my baby isn't actualy real or something? or just hormones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I for sure do! I never felt more comfortable in my own skin than when I was pregnant!
    I can't wait to be pregnant again!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think people get clucky over the thought of a baby and a bump is a pretty big reminder of babies!

I don't really get clucky over bellies or babies unless they're my own LOL my sister on the other hand will quite happily cluck over anything that's baby related.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think it makes me clucky to have a baby...but it definitely made me miss being pregnant! Now that I am, it makes me excited to get big

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP - "You have to have a baby" is a quote from an episode of Seinfield...Elaine is at a party with a group of mums and one turns to her and goes " Elaine - you have to have a baby!" in the most dreadful voice.

It's a bit of a joke in our household as DP watches Seinfield constantly and goes around quoting it - pretty much as soon as I told him I was pregnant he came out with that line....needless to say I cringe everytime I hear it!

But being pregnant at the moment, I'm constantly looking at other pregnant women and all small children :P