+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbygirl View Post
    Do you know what her reasons are for keeping the child away from him & always moving?
    Yes she doesn't want to share " her" child she used him to get pregnant told him she could not get preg after 6 weeks she found out she was preg he had served his purpose she kicked him out and avoided him. After she had him he got an e- mail saying he was born and was named after some guy she had met on the Internet ( so cute lol) if he wanted to meet the baby he would have to sign the BC and give her a ride there is just too much to tell its messed up and I don't care what anyone thinks she is doing both my hubby and the child wrong he wants his dad he is a wonderful dad to my 4 kids that are not his and his son is missing it it's not right.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So go to court. Let them sort it.
    If she doesn't show to mediation I'm sure there is a way of finding her.
    She can't keep a child away from their father for no reason.
    You won't get full care, well highly unlikely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Didn't your DH move to the States for some time

Mediation is not legally binding - it's for parties who want to sort things out without needing to go to court, which sounds like neither party is willing. They won't even look at you sideways if there are control issues.
    Last edited by BH-KatiesMum; 20-12-2011 at 16:18. Reason: unnecessary

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (20-12-2011),singlemumma82  (20-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I really do not understand why there is such hostility in many of the replies to the original post

Regardless, Lovemyfam your partner's son does have a legal right to spend time with his father provided that it is in the childs best interests (this is the principle that the Family Court follows and is enshrined in the Family Law Act).

Child support and spending time with a child are separate issues but the Family Court will take the payment, or non payment, of child support into consideration when making parenting orders.

Your partner needs to see a lawyer so that he can get the ball rolling on this.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MsTruth For This Useful Post:

DaddyLarge  (20-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Didn't your DH move to the States for some time

Mediation is not legally binding - it's for parties who want to sort things out without needing to go to court, which sounds like neither party is willing. They won't even look at you sideways if there are control issues.
    Well no.. That's not true. It is legally binding if both parents come to an agreement if not they can then go to court.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Last edited by BH-KatiesMum; 20-12-2011 at 16:19. Reason: editing quote

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Homestar View Post
    Well no.. That's not true. It is legally binding if both parents come to an agreement if not they can then go to court.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    That's not what I was told at mediation, you have to get it certified by the court if you want it legally binding. If you just attend mediation and have a plan drawn up it's not binding - you've just done mediation.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Izy  (20-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes.. that is what happens after you come to an agreement.. they get it stamped by a judge.. thats the point in mediation. Otherwise why are you there....

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's what I'm saying - there won't be any agreement in this case. I'm highly doubtful that the mediators will even offer to help with a plan as they don't take cases with issues with control.

And, yes, the parties do have a *choice* to have it stamped but otherwise the entire point of mediation is to have an impartial third party to help sort out any issues so they don't have to go to court.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Izy  (20-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I have deleted a number of off topic and unnecessarily hostile posts from this thread.

Please keep to the topic, or don't post

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DQ For This Useful Post:

Atlantic Puffin  (20-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    While I don't know much about family law, I just want to say that it turns out ok for you.
    Surely though, if she is receiving child support from your DH, the Child Support Agency would need to have an up to date address, so if she does move, there should be some way to track her down?

ETA: I didn't know this was in the Dads Chat section, I thought Lovemyfam was a woman?
    Last edited by naebie; 20-12-2011 at 20:51.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to naebie For This Useful Post:

HELPihavea2yrold!  (20-12-2011)