+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anti-nausea medication

I am 13 weeks pregnant with baby #2, and have been suffering {all day} morning sickness since week 5. I was sick for literally the entire pregnancy with my first baby and I'm worried I'll go down the same path with this one. I got a script from the doctor this morning for Maxolon, which is what I took during my first pregnancy also, but the pharmacy gave me Pramin -- which I believe is just the cheaper version? I'm hesitant to take it until my husband gets home from work, as I read online that many women suffered extremely skewed vision after taking it and were quite scared by the effect. The doctor did say it may cause drowsiness, so not to drive and such while taking it. I was fine with the Maxolon however, so I'm hoping this is basically the same thing. Have any of you taken Pramin? Did you have any adverse side effects>?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry to hear you are suffering such awful MS!

Pramin is indeed the generic version of Maxolon.. I freaked out too when the pharmacy handed me the bottle and asked them a million questions before I accepted it. My OB later confirmed this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post
    Sorry to hear you are suffering such awful MS!

Pramin is indeed the generic version of Maxolon.. I freaked out too when the pharmacy handed me the bottle and asked them a million questions before I accepted it. My OB later confirmed this
    Oh, thank you so much for the clarification! So you suffered none of those bizarre side effects while taking it? I'm hoping it's going to be my saving grace; I'm often in tears of frustration because it's so hard being so sick while also having to care for a toddler!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I took maxolon in my first pregnancy and pramin in the next two

They all just made me tired, tired, tired.

I ended up on zofran during the third pregnancy because the pramin didn't help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You poor thing, I can totally sympathise...some days I was just about convinced I was dying! Nope, I suffered no side effects at all I could have had a bit of tiredness, but I was so sick and exhausted I wouldn't have noticed anyway!

Like themissingpiece, I ended up on Zofran for this pregnancy though! Im 15 weeks and still having the odd bout of MS and the Pramin is fine at this stage