+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We didn't use the bassinet that much with our ds. We used it, a soft sided cocoon, a bouncer & a portacot in the first few months. Basically we didn't use a monitor and just had bubs sleep wherever we were in whatever was easiest. He was a dreadful sleeper and very noisy, so he rarely actually *slept* in our room. He moved into his cot & his own room at age 3.5 months and didn't sleep that well in there either, but at least I slept a bit better as every tiny noise he made didn't wake me up.

With our dd she's a pretty quiet sleeper and a great sleeper so she sleeps in the bassinet in our room. The only other place she sleeps is in the electric swing, but after about 7 weeks she hasn't slept as well in that during the day when it's noisy & busy in the lounge room - although she does go in it late in the evening when my dh watches her & the tv & I go to sleep - she is often quite restless for a couple of hours after her last feed of the day.

We didn't have a bassinet attachment for the pram (Mountain Buggy) last time, but I insisted this time and I'm glad I did. She will grow out of it pretty soon (she's nearly 3 months old), but it's great to be able to see her and to be able to put her in the pram in her Woombie when we're out & about. When we're not out & about I leave the pram in her room so I can put her in it while I go & wash my hands (the cot is still in storage!).

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    100 Posts in a week
    We have both, all my newborns stay in our bedroom right beside us, so a Basinette is what we use in our room until they are too big for it and then we bring their Cot into our bedroom (fortunately we have a large bedroom). My DD is 13 months old and still sleeps in our room, but in her own Cot beside our bed.

When she gets older and our new baby is born, we will move her into her own bedroom with her Cot.

I like Basinettes when they're infants, as most come with wheels and I used to wheel the Bassinette out into the lounge room so the baby would be used to sleeping around noise and the hustle and bustle of our home. It also was a way of being able to see the baby when I was busy with the other kids and housework etc.
    Last edited by Mod-Uniquey; 20-12-2011 at 16:25.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had both with my boys, this time I have a Boori Cot and a Moses Basket

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Since i was buying a porta cot anyway i just used the insert part for DD2 you could rock it two which was good she was in it until about 8 months then in cot now she is back in porta cot 15 months without the insert as she sleeps all night as in her cot she kept banging into the sides and waking up.