+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We used a cradle in the nursery at night and a bassinet in the lounge room during the day, so I didn't have to keep going up and down the stairs all day. Definitely liked having the cradle and bassinet - I just didn't want to put them straight in to a cot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Girls

We're in a good financial position so buying both isn't really a hassle, I just didn't know if it was really worth it. Which, by the sound of it, it is. I definitely won't buy some fancy fandangle one, but a basic basinet sounds like it might be a good buy.

It's just so hard finding things up here....the only baby store we have is Kmart! Can anyone suggest a good online store?

xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a bassinet given to me by a friend, and will be using it in my room while bub is a newborn, and to move to the lounge room during the day, so that he/she is close l

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think babies r us do online shopping..

Otherwise oo dot com dot au, dealsdirect, factoryfast.. they all have baby stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    www.babyzonedirect.com.au is really good

Thanks
    Reviews
    We went straight into a cot simply because i didnt want to go through the whole transition from a bassinette to a cot and have sleepless nights, etc. I'll do the same with DS who is due in May.
    I used to swaddle DD and tuck her in her blankets firmly so she felt snug and comforted. We never had any problems at all. And even now (she is 2) she refuses to sleep anywhere else but her bed (unless we're camping or something, then its the porta cot). She's never ever been interested in sleeping with us in our bed....which im kinda glad anyway.
    Ive always been a firm believer that if bub sleeps in their own bed in their own room then im helping set up a good sleep habit in the first place!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bassinets are useful if bub is sleeping in your room at the start, as they can get wheeled right up next to the bed. Tbh, we have a bassinet style pram, and 80% of the time DD is in that. We even wheel it into the bedroom at night if DD has been sleeping well in the lounge room and we don't want to disturb her when we go to bed.
    With DS he was in the bassinet until he started sleeping through the night (around 4-5 months) and then we moved him to a cot in his own room.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Subscribing! I have this dilemma which is even harder as we are on two levels so won't be able to wheel it around the house. But a cot is unlikely to fit in our room. Not sure what to do....
    You can get bassinets that have a separate frame on wheels and the bassinet part comes off and has carry handles. You could always have two frames, one for up and down and move the bassinet between.
    I think Valco does one, I'm not sure who else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    My bassinet is on wheels so I largely just kept jasper in the same room as me. Though he had a sleep apnea monitor that beeped quietly with each in & out breath and as he had stopped breathing (hence the monitor) I couldn't relax out of the ear shot of that steady beep beep beep. It drove DF nuts though. But I hated giving it back to the hospital. But yeah. With a 3 year old & baby I probably won't be wheeling the baby around much, but with our current place it's too small to set the cot up at all - we literally have to move to a bigger place when she outgrows the bassinet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    If there's room in your bedroom for a cot though I'd just have a cot and no bassinet. And if you feel you need one once Bub is born maybe have one picked out & money aside for it and if you decide you want it after you can send hubby out for it?