+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    oh beautiful lady .. I dont have any real words of support, but couldn't not post in this thread and at least offer

of course you miss him - he will ALWAYS be part of your heart, and part of your family - maybe E needs to be part of your Christmas celebrations, some new tradition you could do to honor him, and to always make him part of the day??

I cant imagine how much your heart hurts at the idea of Christmas this year, but you are right, the other little ones do need to have Christmas

Sparklydreamer is offline I might lack sleep, but I can dream...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sending much love and strength to you and your family.
    ((((hugs))))

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im staying home alone for xmas this year. I guess im lucky i dont have other children to think about so i can afford to stay in bed and cry without upsetting or offending. Gentle hugs and wishing you a peaceful day..... <3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I feel the same way this year. Normally at Christmas time I travel to my favourite street covered in lights on the first day of Christmas even before all the houses have had the chance to set up their decorations and continue you to go at least weekly. This year I haven't even been once. I normally beg Mum and the family to put up the Christmas tree with carols blaring loudly while I sing along. This year I watched Mum decorate the tree while I laid on the lounge.

Christmas can be one of the hardest times when you're grieving and I don't have any answers or anything that can make you feel better but a quote that I found and that has helped me through the pain is

"Only people who are capable of loving strongly can also suffer great sorrow, but this same necessity of loving serves to counteract their grief and heals them". -- Leo Tolstoy (1828-1910)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to babylover111 For This Useful Post:

GluttonForPunishment  (21-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Massive

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

I dont have words, just more

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe it's harder because we'd planned to do a trip in the caravan, be in the middle of nowhere for Christmas. Have the kids decorate an old gum branch. Then the land cruiser died, so nothing to tow our van, and even if we got it fixed (no where before Christmas could do it) then we'd have no money to complete the trip anyway! So disappointment for that.

Thanks for the hugs though, they do help (even if you don't think they do, so thank you)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    thinking of you all. Christmas would be such a hard time of year.

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by fra99le View Post
    Maybe it's harder because we'd planned to do a trip in the caravan, be in the middle of nowhere for Christmas. Have the kids decorate an old gum branch. Then the land cruiser died, so nothing to tow our van, and even if we got it fixed (no where before Christmas could do it) then we'd have no money to complete the trip anyway! So disappointment for that.

Thanks for the hugs though, they do help (even if you don't think they do, so thank you)
    might still not be a bad idea to head away if you can find somewhere not booked out (I have a backyard and a tent in brissie if you wanna camp there .. lol) - can you go somewhere and stay in a cabin (no need to tow then?)

I am certainly not a professional in this sort of stuff, but getting away from home even for a few days might be good for all of you?