+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Scary start

Hi everyone, I thought id post the experience so far and hopefully get some comments. My wife is six seven weeks pregnant. One year ago she had Endodemetriosis removed and since then has had one miscarriage. Now pregnant again but has been a scary time. We only found out one week ago she was pregnant and has had bleeding, mainly spotting with some bits and stringy like blood. Sorry for the poor description. She was also suspected of having a bladder or urine infection which we suspect may be respsonsible for some of the bleeding, she has been taking medication for this and the bleeding has stopped for two whole days now. We had a scan last week and confirmed the pregnancy, the OB said bleeding could be a result of many things and to have another scan in a weeks time to check for a heart beat.
    Has anyone had this experience before and not miscarried?
    My wife is getting symptoms of being pregnant such as feeling sick, light dizziness and has a little baby bump.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there!

Well, I haven't had any medical issues in the past like endometriosis (sp) but in this pregnancy I had light bleeding at 7 weeks for a few days and then I had light bleeding again at 9 weeks for about a week. I didn't have any cramping and it was extremely light - pretty much just spotting but it freaked me out big time! I had several ultrasounds and baby was doing just fine so there was no real explanation for the spotting.

I am now 28 weeks along and bubs is very strong and healthy.

I think your wife sounds like she is in the right place with the nausea etc and the ultrasound results are good so I would just help her to take it easy and just relax. I know how extremely hard it is when you don't know what's going on in there but it all sounds really positive!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Spotting/bleeding can be normal during the early the stages of pregnancy. The fact that she is experiencing symptoms is a good sign that her hormone (HCG) is increasing, which is a very good sign. Has the doctor given her blood tests to ensure the hormone is rising (this is usually standard in this sort of situation)?

And I'm really sorry to burst your bubble, but if she is only 6-7 weeks along then it's highly unlikely she has a baby bump (unless she is pregnant with multiples), and the baby is still only about the size of a poppy seed. Usually women don't start to show until 10-12 weeks and even then it's normally only slightly noticeable. Sorry again, but I have to be honest.

Congratulations and sending lots of sticky baby vibes your way!

Me + He = DD1 (2007), DD2 (2010) & BellyBaby due August 2012
    Angel Baby 1 (July 2008) & Angel Baby 2 (October 2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your responses, for a while after the bleeding she did not feel pregnant at all and was adding to the stress but started to feel some symptoms. No blood test has been done yet, the OB may request it this week with the scan.
    Maybe there is no bump, just optimism lol
    Thanks guys

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Your problem of bleeding is shared by many, many women. Sometimes it's a sign that the pregnancy is not ok, but very, very often it can have other, less sinister causes. Sometimes women just have a little bleeding for no particular reason. You're doing everything you can do for now. I know it's hard not knowing if your pregnancy is going to make it or not and you have my best wishes for yourself and your wife. I truly hope it all goes well and all this worry passes soon. Keep us posted as to the results of your ultrasound.
    Last edited by jaesmummy; 19-12-2011 at 12:48. Reason: ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't have bleeding but I can tell you there many weeks when I didn't feel pregnant at all. Even after I had a scan and had seen the heart beat. It can be so scary when pregnant and it would be easier if a finger turned blue when we were pregnant so we knew everything was fine but it doesn't!!

Good luck I am sure it will be all fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by starrocket View Post
    Thanks for your responses, for a while after the bleeding she did not feel pregnant at all and was adding to the stress but started to feel some symptoms. No blood test has been done yet, the OB may request it this week with the scan.
    Maybe there is no bump, just optimism lol
    Thanks guys
    If the OB was at all concerned he/she would have requested blood tests immediately. It's normally the first thing they do (bleeding or not) to confirm pregnancy.

Optimism is great and hey, if you want to think it's a baby bump go for it! I was just letting you know

Me + He = DD1 (2007), DD2 (2010) & BellyBaby due August 2012
    Angel Baby 1 (July 2008) & Angel Baby 2 (October 2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sending lots of "stay sticky" thoughts your way.
    I had a bleed with large clots at 8 weeks - no cramping, and an ultrasound confirmed a healthy heart beat. It was explained that sometimes it happens pregnant woman can go on to experience light periods whilst pregnant; it could have meant an impending m/c; I could have been pregnant with a twin and lost it; or just one of those unexplained things.
    I had blood tests the day the bleeding commenced and then every 3 days and a repeat ultrasound. The bleeding lasted for 2 weeks on and off and I was on strict bed rest during that time. I was monitored closely until I was 16 weeks pregnant and I am now the proud mummy of a beautiful little girl who is now 14 weeks old.
    Stay positive try and stress less and get lost of rest.
    Ill keep my fingers crossed and send lots of sticky vibes that it all works out for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, I also had endometriosis and miscarried my first pregnancy. I then had the endo removed and fell pregnant again. I spotted brown blood from 6 to 14 weeks. I am now 37 weeks pregnant and all is going well. My OB found no reason for the spotting and said sometimes it just happens. I hope that gives you some reassurance

10. The Following User Says Thank You to slf2205 For This Useful Post:

jaesmummy  (20-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for everyone's responses, its reassuring to hear success stories. My wife's bleeding has stopped with the exception of a small amount yesterday. We have the scan later this week.