+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Seriously - is there anything more beautiful?

I am not a vain or confident person - usually I look at pictures of myself and notice my slightly crooked tooth or that I'm a bit more curvaceous than I'd like to be, but soldier on just the same. But when we had our DD's photos done when she was 5 weeks we had some breastfeeding shots.

For the first time in my life when I saw this picture all I saw was beauty. I felt warm and happy at this photographic evidence of the bond between mother and child. At the pride and love I feel when I feed her, that I soothe her tummy and her soul by comforting her.

I never knew I could see myself in this way! Without prejudice or secretly wishing I looked prettier, more tanned, thinner. I just saw the smile on my face and her big, blue eyes looking up at me.

And that's when I realised, I am beautiful.

I hope all you mummies out there, breastfeeders or not, realise how beautiful you are - you have given life, and you should take pride, and love yourself for that! Every stretch mark is like a badge to show the world (or if you're like me just your partner lol) that you have taken an amazing journey and you are all the more beautiful for it!

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MyLittleLilacTree For This Useful Post:

1234Guest  (19-12-2011),Bexta  (19-12-2011),Bluest Blue Box  (19-12-2011),captainscaptain  (20-12-2011),Chew the Mintie  (19-12-2011),Cluky79  (18-12-2011),FloatingFairy  (19-12-2011),MilkiCuddles  (20-12-2011),threechooks  (19-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What a gorgeous gorgeous photo you are both beautiful ..... Nawww I miss breast feeding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    How gorgeous!

At the hospital I saw a picture that had two big eyes staring up from a baby having boobies and it said 'Everyone looks up to mums who breast feed'

And the way your bubby is staring up at you just reminded me of that <3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou - I'm dreading giving it up someday - I'll put it off and just procrastinate like I usually do with everything else lol! Or won't wean her until we're ready to have another baby lol!

It would be so amazing if other bubhubbers could post their pics of the first time they realised that being a mum made them beautiful!!! I'd love to see them! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    What a beautiful photo

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MyLittleLilacTree View Post
    I never knew I could see myself in this way! Without prejudice or secretly wishing I looked prettier, more tanned, thinner. I just saw the smile on my face and her big, blue eyes looking up at me.

And that's when I realised, I am beautiful.
    You sure are. Both of you. That is an absolutely adorable shot.

In fact, I'm a huge softie and just got a little teary eyed.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wow that's a stunning photo

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Absolutely beautiful!! I love the way bubs stare up at mum as though she *is* the whole world... Goosebumps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Beautiful photo and very timeless in b/w too. You will look back for many years to come with love and pride. 

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beautiful photo