+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    As far as Im aware you ONLY indicate to the right at a roundabout, when you are actually going to the right. This is what I was taught when going for my license in Australia in 2003.
    I always indicate to the left when leaving the roundabout, whether Im going straight, left or right.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I always indicate as I approach the roundabout. Left for left, nothing for straight, and right for right or a U-ey, then leave it on until I'm completely out of the roundabout. I'd say this is what a majority of people do ... you'd definitely get honked here if you did anything different!

Why change something that works perfectly fine? Particularly if the only people who know the new rule are people going for their licence. I know that people are meant to keep up to date with new rules, but I seriously doubt a majority of people would. I just don't get why they'd change it, it works just fine the way it is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Couldn't agree more with Berrie above! That's how it was when I did my driving test 6yrs ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So when you turn to the right, you dont change your indicators from right to left as you exit the roundabout?
    This is what I was taught almost 9 years ago in NSW. Maybe different rules for different states?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well Im just getting my license, You are require to indicate on entry and exit.

example: If you are approaching a round about to turn right. On approach you put on your RIGHT indication, enter the round about, before your exit you must then indicate LEFT to let the other person coming towards you you are exiting.

If you are going straight through no indication on entry is required but you must indicate on exit. eg left indicator on to leave your exit.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lemmings For This Useful Post:

MrJones&Me  (20-12-2011),naebie  (20-12-2011),Sparklydreamer  (20-12-2011),SpongebobMummyPants  (20-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    the other roundabout law that is now ridiculous is that its not give way to right, its now first in best dressed!! I however, still give way to right, its the most obvious thing to do?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by noskie View Post
    the other roundabout law that is now ridiculous is that its not give way to right, its now first in best dressed!! I however, still give way to right, its the most obvious thing to do?!
    Thats definitely not a law here in perth... You give way to whoever is already in the roundabout sure, but you still at all times must give way to the right

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Homestar View Post
    Well Im just getting my license, You are require to indicate on entry and exit.

example: If you are approaching a round about to turn right. On approach you put on your RIGHT indication, enter the round about, before your exit you must then indicate LEFT to let the other person coming towards you you are exiting.

If you are going straight through no indication on entry is required but you must indicate on exit. eg left indicator on to leave your exit.
    Definitely right ^^^ a roundabout is essentially just a big round intersection so the give way to the right rule applies provided the car is entering or already on the roundabout. Obviously, if you are about to enter the roundabout and the car to your right is still some ways away it would be safe for you to continue (which I guess could be stretched to first in best dressed lol)
    The only thing I'd add to the above is that when you left indicate to exit the roundabout, you should do so AT not approaching the exit before the one you are going to take.

Can you tell that my pet hate is ppl who drive silly on roundabouts? Lol I'm totally anal about it because we have a couple of shockers here that I have to go through several times a day on the work/school run

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had a standstill at a roundabout once - it was funny! No one wanted to go first, as you'd start and flinch as another did... Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Please use your indicators

If u are turning aroun a round about use your bl00dy indicator so I don't pull out

Don't drive so much under the speed limit

Don't pull out in front of me and then putt along under the speed limit!

If I have to merge on, bl00dy let me!!!

If u know u have to merge (cos of road work or whatever ) don't be a b**stard and wait til the very tip to squeeze in, some of us have been in stand still for ages cos of ppl like u trying to sneak in

Don't be up my a$$ in the left lane, overtake me for gods sake!!

Don't putt along in the overtaking lane

(I could go on for ages hehe)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkIsTheNewBlack For This Useful Post:

MrJones&Me  (20-12-2011)