+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    Can I add a parking vent?

I had parked neatly between my lines as always. When I walked back to my car, this huge 4WD (about 3 times the size of my little car) had parked over my line. I then witnessed his dangerously obese wife being unable to squeeze herself out of the car without denting and scratching my door.
    I didn't bother running after them, I was too tired and exhausted and had my 2yo with me.
    I'm not proud of what I did after that, I scratched his door. Only a tiny scratch. Hardly noticeable with the black paint. I am just SO sick and tired of morons bashing their doors into mine! All my doors are covered in scratches and some parts have whole chips missing
    that reminds me of that insurance add with the fat dude in a superhero costume getting into a tiny blue car with liftup doors scratching the sh!it out of the car next to his &knocking is mirrors off. all while the owner watches

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Never seen that ad. I dont get to watch TV anymore lol. But yes, sounds similar. I wasn't standing right next to my car though. I was watching at a distance.

When my car was just 3 weeks old, I was in the ACT doing some shopping. I saw this old guy getting out of his beaten up Kia Rio and happily slammed his door into my door. Big chip out of the paint that now started rusting 2 year later.
    I got his numberplate, make and model and age of the car.
    I asked him if he thought it was ok to bash his door into my car. His reply was:" Well girly, I couldn't get out of me car. So I had no choice. Besides that's what ya get with a new car. Ya can't stop people from damaging yer car. Its gonna happen, look at my car!"
    Yes his car was covered in 100's of little (rusting) dents and scratches. But just because his car is ready for the wreckers, doesn't means he has the right to turn my NEW car into a rustbucket like his

I took his details to the AFP and they made up a report. 2 years later I still haven't heard back from it. So I learned that the cops wont do anything about it, so sometimes you need to take matters into your own hands. Hence me replying with a little scratch on that huge 4WD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    Never seen that ad. I dont get to watch TV anymore lol. But yes, sounds similar. I wasn't standing right next to my car though. I was watching at a distance.

When my car was just 3 weeks old, I was in the ACT doing some shopping. I saw this old guy getting out of his beaten up Kia Rio and happily slammed his door into my door. Big chip out of the paint that now started rusting 2 year later.
    I got his numberplate, make and model and age of the car.
    I asked him if he thought it was ok to bash his door into my car. His reply was:" Well girly, I couldn't get out of me car. So I had no choice. Besides that's what ya get with a new car. Ya can't stop people from damaging yer car. Its gonna happen, look at my car!"
    Yes his car was covered in 100's of little (rusting) dents and scratches. But just because his car is ready for the wreckers, doesn't means he has the right to turn my NEW car into a rustbucket like his

I took his details to the AFP and they made up a report. 2 years later I still haven't heard back from it. So I learned that the cops wont do anything about it, so sometimes you need to take matters into your own hands. Hence me replying with a little scratch on that huge 4WD.
    I had a kid kick his car door open onto our brand new car once. We were sitting in the car at the time. DH was really upset, but as it was just a kid and he didn't know any better, we said not to worry about it. About a minute later, his mother opens his door into our car again!!

We told her she would have to pay for it, and she responded that she didn't have insurance. That's not really our problem, so we just took a photo of her licence plate and the damage and took it to the police station. The police looked her up, rang her mobile and hey presto! she pays for the damage!

Thanks
    Reviews
    AFP is a bit slack I guess. I wasn't living in the ACT at the time. Just visiting. I wonder if the police up here would've been different.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If you're going STRAIGHT through a roundabout, dont indicate right then left....I dont care if it is the law, its f**ked up and doesnt help anybody!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    If you're going STRAIGHT through a roundabout, dont indicate right then left....I dont care if it is the law, its f**ked up and doesnt help anybody!
    I've never heard that law before!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh is that the one where you Indicate as you enter then indicate as you leave the roundabout. I thought that was just a nsw thing. Not the law!

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think it became the law a few years ago but I could be wrong. Either way, its stupid and not helpful at all. I understand indicating out of the roundabout but not when you enter it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    I never indicate right, just left as leaving...

~

Dont indicate you're turning left If you are clearly going straight!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Even though we are all waiting to turn let's fly up the inside and push in!!!