+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh also,

Dear Perth Motor Cyclists (and a few random others around Oz),

How about you start thinking how all motor cyclists should. That everyone on the road is out to kill you. (we aren't, it just means you will be more aware) That might save SO many people from having near heart attacks because you decide to zip through in between lanes, during peak hour, when everyone is going 80kms.

WTF?! You are barely allowed to do it when traffic is stopped at lights! Stop giving my Dad and DP and most other people I know who ride responsibly, a bad name because you think you are freaking invisible!!

Brain, brain, gone away, will come back another day.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Turk EnJayDee For This Useful Post:

laurea  (19-12-2011),PuppyGuts  (19-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    See those big chunky white stripes across the road?
    Or
    The big round Fluro yellow sign with feet?

Yeah that's a PEDESTRIAN CROSSING!
    Meaning you stop, I walk...
    Not meaning when I get halfway across the road and everyone else has stopped, you keep going?!

Fu[khead.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    See the big white plate on my car with the red 'P' on it and a little '90' sign? That means that is how fast I can go. 90. Just because other p platers have no problem with speeding, doesn't mean I am willing to.

If you don't like it, do yourself a favor and get in the right lane and pass me.

Don't sit on my bumper for 20 minutes flashing your lights and beeping your horn at me. You're just making me want to go slower.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tasha1984 View Post
    Oh also,

Dear Perth Motor Cyclists (and a few random others around Oz),

How about you start thinking how all motor cyclists should. That everyone on the road is out to kill you. (we aren't, it just means you will be more aware) That might save SO many people from having near heart attacks because you decide to zip through in between lanes, during peak hour, when everyone is going 80kms.

WTF?! You are barely allowed to do it when traffic is stopped at lights! Stop giving my Dad and DP and most other people I know who ride responsibly, a bad name because you think you are freaking invisible!!

Brain, brain, gone away, will come back another day.
    THIS!! also. Wear your goshdarn leathers, coz when i see you do those ^^ things in singlets and shorts. all i can think of is "squid" because that the noise you will make when your skin comes off.

Dont get offended if i go around you please sweetheart, but sitting in the left lane doing 20km under SL isnt the way to go. so giving me the finger just made me laugh.

Also, Please dont go "default" speed. When merging onto a highway you should be straightaway heading into the 80-100 territory....not merging at 60km. I WILL honk, and flash my lights because you are dangerous and i hope you get off the road.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dear Horn Honker,

If you are behind me and there is a line of traffic in front of me slowing or stopped, there is obviously somethng else going on! Don't sit there in your big car with your arm out the window, honking your horn, banging your wheel and yelling. It's really not helpful, it just adds to the situation and you look like an overgrown brat. Also, it puts me in 'protective tiger mode' if my son is in the car and you may find my own attitude spilling over toward you. This situation also applies in car parks when a 'not so confident' driver is trying to get out of a parking space. I know its frustrating to watch and to wait for but having your input is not helpful to them and they don't need the added stress. I also suspect such rage is not helpful for your blood pressure and the last thing I want is to be giving some redfaced, mouth frothing idiot CPR because you have given yourself a heartattack.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to funnymama For This Useful Post:

laurea  (19-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by happygirl1982 View Post
    Just because i choose to do the speed limit you don't need to fly around me angrily .
    and once around you do not need to slow down to half the speed limit.

If it is raining slow down.

By the way the posted speed limit is not a suggested minimum speed but rather it is the MAXIMUM speed you are meant to do in that area.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jazz1910 For This Useful Post:

LizR4  (19-12-2011),Shoopuf  (19-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Agree with the ones about bikes but, as a motorcyclist, I'll add: Car drivers - please check your wing mirror AND blind spot before suddenly turning right or flinging your door open for some reason (potentially across the path of a bike).

And I know that you are trying to be nice, but suddenly veering to the left to let a bike go past can be dangerous too.

The bad mergers aren't just in WA - we have our fair share here in QLD too. Not only the "I'm going to slow to an almost halt and then try to merge in to this motorway" drivers, but also the "There is a merging lane on my left, and I am already on the highway, so I am going to sit here and get in the way of people merging... nothing to do with me..." drivers!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Or let's slam on the brakes at the top of the merging lane onto a freeway going 80km hr or merge at 60 where the traffic is doing 100.

Keep left unless overtaking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to happygirl1982 For This Useful Post:

Maybelline  (19-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I'm slowing down, while approaching a red light, so not to hit the car in front of me, it does not give you permission to almost take out the back corner of my car to pull up beside me to scream abuse. And then when I get the green light, you DON'T HAVE THE FREAKING RIGHT to try and swerve into my car causing me to swerve away to avoid a second collision with you.

Also, Mr P-plater, did you realise it's kinda illegal to cut across three lanes and then cause my DH to slam on the brakes on the new car we had only owned for 3 days just to avoid having the entire front of our new car wiped out by you... GRRRRR!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can we remove or falcon /commodore cars from the road..they are the ones that tailgate..speed ..and drive like losers ...

don't bother tailgating me (when im driving the speed limit..)..you know we will end up next to each other at the next set of lights!!!!

Merging it aint rocket science!!! If my hood is in front of yours kinda means I go first..ya gig dip ****s!!

Pedestrians who are texting /talking on phone in city whilst walking across a busy road...stop wondering why you keep getting hit by cars!!!

love this thread!!