+ Reply to Thread
    Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Exclamation Christmas present suggestinos - urgent hlep pls??

Mods - I couldn't find a christmas section which seems odd- I thought there was one but im have a brain fart day. Pls move if you want.

Ok, so I told my DH to tell his exteneded family we weren't doing presents but he didn't bother. We saw them yesterday and said 'no presents' they all said 'we already brought for you' so now we have to get them something??!

Very annoying really. They will get us something crap that we will never use and now we have to find them something. I desperately need some ideas please?

I HATE buying junky things that will get thrown out, soaps, candles etc etc and I have brought them movie money numerous times over the yrs?

I want to spend about $20 per person (if I can get away with couples for $30 even better)

We need to buy for
    1. uncle and aunty who we are quite close too (would spend up to $50 on them)
    2. uncle and aunty who we aren't close to
    3. cousin - boy - 22
    4. cousin - girl 28 + her hubby
    5. cousin - girl 24 + her boyfriend
    6. counsin - 2.5 (i totally forgot about her but would like to get her some thing nice)
    His cousins husbnad (#3) had his fmaily out of overseas for xmas - i have never met them but they are all here and apparently have brought us presents as well!??!? I don't even know how many of htem there are??

I have made some nouget to give to friends and work ppl, so was going to package some of those up adn take a whole heap with tags without names on them and give them out as needed.

But yeh i still need presents for the other ppl??

These ppl are all churchy as well, so no alchohol or anything too fun.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    new release dvd?
    charity gift? where you pay $X and someone in a 3rd world country gets a chicken/sheep/whatever and you get a card to give saying so

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mopoke For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (18-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I bought some really nice hampers from BigW this year. They start at $20 and the $20 hampers don't look cheap either. They include a nice variety of things too so should appeal to varied food tastes. That would work for the couples including the younger couples.

Otherwise homemade biscuits/chocolates wrapped in celophane are cheap, but always appreciated.

For the 2.5 year old a book is always good. I love the book 'The Wonky Donkey' and I think it's BigW that has a copy of the book with a soft toy Donkey for $16 (look at the catalogue online to confirm).

The 22yo boy is a little harder. A nice box of chocolates or an iTunes voucher would be my main suggestions.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mim1 For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (18-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I honestly would have said, sorry, but we can't afford it this year. To bad if they got you a present. Buying for that many adults is crazy! Especially since you aren't that close to them all.

Could you just get them each a $20 coles group/myer gift card. There are also food/chocolate hampers you can get in Kmart/BigW etc. Coffee mugs..Box of chocolates 2.5 yr old I would get a doll or a barbie..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Littlemissmetal For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (18-12-2011)

Mod-SammiAnn is offline Administrator
    Winner 2010- The Most Helpful Member Award

Winner 2010- Member You'd Most Like To Meet IRL Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    A group of friends of mine are making different ones of THESE for extended family for Christmas this year. One has added the jar to a hamper of teas and coffees for those extra special family members.

HTHs.

Sam

EDIT: Here is another recipe for the biscuits, CLICK.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-SammiAnn For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (18-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Here is my suggestions based on what I have done this year..

Couple 1- Gold class movie tickets, A potted minature fruit tree (we just bought my mum a lime for $30) you can also get lemon, mandarin, cherry and nectarine, restaurant voucher.

Couple 2- Potted plant, garden ornament, food hamper, books related to their interests, big wall calender, t.v series (like vicar of dibley I saw at Kmart for $30 per season).

Cousin (person 3) Itunes gift card, Lynx,adidas etc bodywash pack (they had a heap of nice ones in Target for $20 and under) Surf hat/stubby holder, wallet,key ring etc.

Cousins (people 4 &5) Restaurant voucher,, new release DVD and a box of chocolates or box of popcorn to go with it, Magazine subscription to share or a boardgame.

Cousin (person 6) Well, there is heaps of stuff for a 2.5 yr old. Playdoh, doll, blocks etc.

Hope that is of some help.
    Last edited by Aquillah; 18-12-2011 at 17:14.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Aquillah For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (18-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I usually make up my own hampers with chocolates, $2 scratchie, DD's santa photo, body wash - basically any item I can find i put in! This year we are also making chocolate covered shortbread to go in them! Last year i put a coffee mug in with hot chocolate/ coffee sachets depending on the person :-) usually ends up cheaper then expected!

Sent from my LG-P920 using Bubhub

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mummyrissa For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (18-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    1. uncle and aunty who we are quite close too (would spend up to $50 on them)
    2. uncle and aunty who we aren't close to
    3. cousin - boy - 22
    4. cousin - girl 28 + her hubby
    5. cousin - girl 24 + her boyfriend
    6. counsin - 2.5 (i totally forgot about her but would like to get her some thing nice)
    His cousins husbnad (#3) had his fmaily out of overseas for xmas - i have never met them but they are all here and apparently have brought us presents as well!??!? I don't even know how many of htem there are??
    fun.

Keep Cups for all the #2 U&A, cousins and their partners (most good kitchen places and Myer have them

Or a cake/biscuit plate for the U&A's

and a Keep Cup for baby cousin - babycino size and a small toy