+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Wisdom teeth & pregnancy?

I'm not pregnant ATM but have been trying for 12 months & have a fs appointment in Jan... But I've just been told I need my wisdom teeth out ASAP - I've booked in & the earliest I can get in is the second week in feb... Look in all honesty I doubt if it's not happened in 12 months, that it's not going to happen in the next 6 weeks either BUT I'm just a bit worried cause I need to be knocked out to have them out due to their placement - IS THIS DANGEROUS if you are utd????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey hun, I have to get mine done too, and had one filed yesterday as a piece of it broke off but they advised me they wouldn't do it until second trimester. They said it's ok but they prefer to wait till then.... It sucks tho! I just want to get it sorted. Mine give me so many problems, but I havent been able to get the time off work yet, so guess I was going to have to wait anyway! Lol stupid teeth!

Fighting for control over who's right... Predictive text or me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks FNT for the reply

So will you actually be under (knocked out) at this stage I'll be fine if I'm lucky enough to get a BFP before then I'll be sure to speak to the doc etc and would obviously not go ahead.... AF is actually due just less than a week before so that probably works out quite well !
    Not that I don't want to get pregnant but it would be just my luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol I know what you mean that usually happens to me, not that I'm upset lol! But they can't do mine in the chair I have to be knocked out... I'll have my fingers crossed for you!

Fighting for control over who's right... Predictive text or me!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FNT51 For This Useful Post:

MARTTC  (18-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've always been told that no one will operate on you if you're UTD, but apparently that's not entirely true (and of course it would depend on the circumstance too).

I had my wisdom teeth out earlier in the year and debated whether I should stop TTC while I waited for my op to roll around. Turns out I didn't have much choice in the matter as I was having dentists visits in the mean time and for some bizarre reason any type of anesthetic stops me from O-ing! (even local!).

However looking back on that now, I feel foolish for even considering postponing TTC. I would have easily taken a BFP over the op any day, and just dealt with the situation in whatever way was possible.

Hmmm did I even answer your question here???? lol