+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I alternated between labouring on a ball and a chair. TBH, I preferred the chair, as I was slightly reclined, where as I felt the ball made me lean forward slightly....squashing the bottom of my belly. I felt the majority of my contractions below my belly button, so the squashed feeling was quite uncomfortable for me. I only had a 2 hour labour though, so possibly sitting on the ball did help bring baby down into my pelvis.

Thanks
    Reviews
    *momentary pause while i feel my usual jealousy & confusion re short labour*

I always feel the entire labour in my back, so like PP said I need to be leaning forward

Thanks
    Reviews
    i am bumping this up for the night crowd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chew the Mintie View Post
    *momentary pause while i feel my usual jealousy & confusion re short labour*

I always feel the entire labour in my back, so like PP said I need to be leaning forward
    Ha I feel the same way. Oh you had a 2 hour labour, thats awesome!!! *dies a little inside*

Lol.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

Chew the Mintie  (18-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Loved using the ball in both my labours. DS was a long labour and I spent the last 5 hours on ball in.shower, holding onto shower rails and rocking. Then at foot of bed rocking with my head on bed and nails scratching rhythmically on textured vinyl chair next to me (poor dh and midwifes nerves with the noise!).

Dd i was leaning over ball on all fours in transition in shower, then transferred that exact position a metre away from shower out of wet area to give birth (active labour of 1hr 45 and a rather surprised midwife!)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    yep boobycino that's pretty much it.. 'why cnt it be meeee'

Break the mould was the nail scratching a birth skills thing? juju sundin talks about thst kind of thing re providing alternative focus etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had every intention of using a ball in labour. Dh tried to present me with one and he's lucky I didn't grab the nearest sharp thing and stab it before I kicked it out of the room.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mettie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used one for my first labour, the midwife suggested I use it to kick start my labour (I had my waters broken & drip inserted about 3o minutes before hand). I sat on the ball and focused on opening up my pelvis (by opening my legs and hips really wide) and gently rocked on the ball each time I had a contraction. I think it really helped as firstly I had to concerntrate quite hard on my rocking motion and balance so it took my mind off the pain and secondly DS desended very quickly and was born within 4 hours of labour starting and I contribute that to my all round state of relaxation the rythmic rocking on the ball provided I also think it helped by allowing me to open my hips/pelvis allowing him easy access down the birth canal

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lovelymum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol @ boobycino & chew the mintie! It was a very intense 2 hours...not sure if that's good or bad. ;-)

Did I mention that I didn't push either? He popped right out on his own....head with one contraction and body with the next. I thought I was going to explode!

* Damn you autocorrect...you are killing me! *

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'm sure it would be intense. I think about all the *stuff* that's gotta happen for labour start to finish it would be an incredible 2 hours.

But I still wouldn't mind a quick one this time. But I'll settle for successful - however long it takes