+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I preferred a little bodysuit to a singlet as I found they sometimes ride up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    On hot nights, my bubba just wears a nappy under a light baby sleep bag

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hmmmm interesting .... Thanks girls.
    Well DD hates being swaddled and hates sleeping bags so I'm thinking the sleeveless bodysuits will have to do. Do they get cold in summer being babies? Surely not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Both kids were sleeping in just nappies, until DD figured out how to take hers off and decided it was hilarious.

She now wears a pair of high waisted cotton bloomers over her nappy to bed every night and that's it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    we use gro bags for DD2 who is 15 months so the temperature guide shows you what to dress them in under the grobag always seems to work and i don't have to stress i have over or undressed her

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's more dangerous for a bub to be overheated than a bit cold. Use your own comfort as a guide - if you would be too hot in what your bub is wearing, then s/he would be too.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our DD's room is reasonbly cool (for Perth at least!) and we rarely sleep with the air con on.

We had great success with sleeping bags, but if your bubba doesn't like them, we had some long sleeved and long legged onsies that were kind of double breasted and tied on each side (hope this makes sense). They were quite loose so she wasn't hot and restricted but kept her skin covered so she didn't get too cool. They were handmedowns so I'm not sure but I think they were Kmart or BigW.

Even here in summer I wouldn't just keep her in a nappy at night, I would prefer her to be covered. But in saying that we would feel the back of her neck before we went to bed and adjust accordingly.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Singlet & nappy

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Loco not sure if anyone has mentioned this before, but if you are unsure if he is too warm, check the back of his neck/upper back - he will be clammy if he is too warm. And hands and feet will feel cold if he is not wearing enough. If we are unsure what to put on the girls we always put on the lighter option, it avoids heat rashes. We often end up changing their clothes when we are going to bed though (my kids get heat rash easily and our house can get quite hot)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTiggyWinkle View Post
    Loco not sure if anyone has mentioned this before, but if you are unsure if he is too warm, check the back of his neck/upper back - he will be clammy if he is too warm. And hands and feet will feel cold if he is not wearing enough. If we are unsure what to put on the girls we always put on the lighter option, it avoids heat rashes. We often end up changing their clothes when we are going to bed though (my kids get heat rash easily and our house can get quite hot)
    Thank you hun. Yes DD gets heat rash even in winter it's just so hard to know how to dress her at times. Ok I'll remember that thank you. X