+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default What do babies wear to bed in summer?

?? Can they just wear nappy and singlet this summer?

BabushkaMumma is offline Mothering with my whole heart as thats what my girls have given me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Eeek...my biggest dilemma having had a winter baby and still struggled to dress her right.

We have air con in our rooms, so I am planning (we'll see) a singlet, a wonder suit and a light wrap / swaddle and nothing else.

I wear clothes to bed and still feel cool at night (with the air con running on low at 24 degrees), DD feels cool in the legs, and DH, well, he's got nothing on so I guess it depends on each person!!

But I dread all this nighttime dressing stuff, I never know what to do with them....

Mrs Molly Coddle is offline I've admitted in writing that veve is awesome - eeek she has proof!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Of course We use a short sleeved suit with crotch snaps and no legs as I find the singlet can ride up a bit when she moves about.
    I bought 5 suits from Best and Less when they were on special for $2!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs Molly Coddle For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (18-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If it's really hot, DD just wears a nappy under her wrap, nothing else (I use a miracle blanket wrap). Depends on the overnight low. Tonight she has a t-shirt on under her wrap so that her shoulders are covered.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My baby is currently wearing a wonder suit & light sleeping bag! This summer is crazy weather again.

Tonight I'm wearing long pj's!

But it has been really hot & those nights he just gone to bed in a singlet all in one. No legs, no arms etc.

Sent from my Atari 2600

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We have (per kid) 2x heavy jammies, 2xmedium, 2x light, plus for dd2, 1x light sleeping bag and 2x heavy sleeping bag. We have both bookmarked the weather bureau, and dress the kids according to the forecast. And we STILL end up changing jammies and/or sleeping bags in the middle of the night An@l much???

Our girls though if they end up overheated, get rashes etc which make misery for all involved. And if they are too cold, they wake us up anyway.

So its easier for us to just bank on broken sleep every night for the first 5 years...

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD2 goes to bed in a light long sleeve tshirt (or long arm no legs onesie)
    and a sleeping bag either 2.5 or 1tog depending on the temp.

Thanks
    Reviews
    bubba usually wears a singlet and nappy but his in our bed so we keep him warm enough

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our DD has been sleeping in just a nappy for a few weeks. The baby monitor says its 28 or 29 in her room so pretty warm. She sleeps through for 11 hours without waking so works for her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD sleeps in a nappy & singlet and a summer weight Wrap Me Up on warm nights, usually with a sheet tucked in as well to hold her in place (the mattress is on a slight angle as part of her reflux management so if she wriggles a lot she ends up rolling to the bottom in an awkward position). If it's going to be a little cooler - like this crazy Sydney summer has been so far - she also wears a short sleeve & legless one-peice or I put her in the heavier Wrap Me Up.

It's hard to know isn't it!