+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Nope. PM and other MPs and Senators don't get sick leave. Or maternity leave.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LucyB View Post
    Nope. PM and other MPs and Senators don't get sick leave. Or maternity leave.
    Sick leave pay or they actually cannot not turn up to a sitting if they are sick?

Thanks
    Reviews
    ah iv been sick lots lately, tonsillitis and chest infections, and iv been putting ds in daycare and retiring to bed.
    iv been living with my mum so she has been able to help out a bit when ds has been home, but she always ends up with the same illness.
    FOB is completely utterly useless and refuses to help out if im sick. iv given up asking him for assistance.
    im moving house in a few days time, wont be living with my mum anymore, so i dont know what im going to be doing once the next batch of illnesses (sp?) hits us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Working mothers get sick leave from work but not at home - same as SAHMs. It's a mum thing, not a SAHM thing in my opinion. I've often had to come into work unwell to save my sick leave for when DS gets sick, I've been up with a young child throwing up all night and come into work the next day, and we've all been sick and I've had to do all the same things any other mum would have to do.

All I can say is TV is good on sick days, it sucks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have been sick now for nearly 5 weeks. Just been one thing after another - start to feel better and BAM something else hits. And being pregnant, not much I can take. Apparently my sinuses are now infected, so hoping this lot of antibiotics will kill it and I can be better for Christmas.

Anyway, during the 5 weeks, 2yo DS has had a crap Mum. I feed him, but that is about all I have had the energy for. ABC4Kids is my best friend ATM. He plays and watches the bits he wants to and I lie and doze on the couch. He's been to friends for a play (love my friends) but we don't have family here that can help.

My Dr asked me yesterday how I was coping and I told her ^^that. She said not to feel guilty as we all just do the best we can. I don't have the energy to feel guilty anyway!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Working mothers get sick leave from work but not at home - same as SAHMs. It's a mum thing, not a SAHM thing in my opinion. I've often had to come into work unwell to save my sick leave for when DS gets sick, I've been up with a young child throwing up all night and come into work the next day, and we've all been sick and I've had to do all the same things any other mum would have to do.

All I can say is TV is good on sick days, it sucks!
    yep this is a mum iSsue, not a stay at home mum issue. I work part time.. I still don't get sick leave from parenthood. I was incredibly sick through out my last pregnancy and all I could do was lay on the couch with DVDs playing. I used to set up a few activities, some basic snacks etc on a little coffee table too. Ds became so independant then.. It was just survival I suppose.
    A lot of the support system I'd always had fell away around that time too.. So there wasn't really anyone to watch ds or help me out at all. It was bloody awful. And I even still worked which was terrible too

Sent from my BlackBerry 9100 using Tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bumMum For This Useful Post:

Benji  (20-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    [text deleted by moderator]
    What do people think working mums do when we're sick - we are human, too.
    Last edited by Izy; 20-12-2011 at 18:39. Reason: ref to deleted text

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

NancyBlackett  (20-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    What do people think working mums do when we're sick - we are human, too.
    Well if you were sick on a working day you could cause someone else has your kids, if you're sick on a day that you don't normally work then yep you're in the same boat.
    Last edited by Izy; 20-12-2011 at 18:40. Reason: ref to deleted text

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahly View Post
    Well if you were sick on a working day you could cause someone else has your kids, if you're sick on a day that you don't normally work then yep you're in the same boat. Unbaffled ?
    No, actually I'd be in the exact same position as all other mothers with school aged children. DS doesn't have a chauffer to get to school, and if we're both sick I don't have a servant to care for us.

Someone else "has my kids" , It's called school.
    Last edited by Izy; 20-12-2011 at 18:40. Reason: Not needed

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is what I'm talking about re exclusion and lack of understanding and empathy for working mums. Do you really think our children just get themselves off to school or child care when we're crook as dogs? Do they get themselves home, too, and cook their own dinner, tuck themselves in and give themselves a bath while we relax and spend our days in bed?

Anyhow, I'll go back to being excluded and not offer advice to SAHM with "no sick leave" because I'm lucky enough to have a self-caring DS and spend my sick days being pampered.