+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    inkognito is offline Moving on is simple, its what you leave behind which makes it hard
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DH chose boys names as The middle name would come from my side of the family, and I chose girls names as the middle name would come from DH's side

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I babysat for a family a long time ago (when I was 14) and their little girl was Ava! I swore that when I had kids I would have an Ava. Luckily when I met dh he too loved the name and as soon as we found out we were having a girl we knew it was Ava! It just felt so right. we nOw have out beautiful little 14 mth old Ava. When we have our next one if it's a boy we will be naming him after my dad who passed away earlier this year. That just seems right aswell

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have kids yet but we have chosen our names. We chose Summer from a poem my late brother wrote called "would you date a girl if she reminded you of Summer?" We chose Audrey as a middle name after Audrey Hepburn who I love. and we also plan on using my mums middle name Lillian and his mums middle name Anne and combine them somehow eg Lilliann. for a boy we aren't 100% sure but we will be using my late brothers name Tristan as a middle name.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tristan is a great name, it's the same as my fiancés! Plus its from a classic story and great opera so it's classy to.

IMO Summer is a little bit too cutesy for a first name, babies do grow up you know! I love Audrey though, personally I'd have them the other way around if any, but Summer Audrey is nice too.

We have our names already picked out, for a boy the name is my partners favourite musicians name and middle name is the name of a famous world leader. I have chosen the name of my dream motorcycle for a girls name! LOL! Sounds crazy I know, but it's actually quite a feminine name, especially in 'nickname' form. We're keeping both boys names secret as they are quite rare, and the girls first name a secret too as that's very rare also, in fact I haven't found the name I have chosen for a girl listed anywhere on the entire internet, so I think it's a first!

The middle name will be Ann in memory of my aunty who recently passed away from cancer. She was an amazing woman, touched alot of lives and inspired a lot of people (there were nearly 1000 people at her funeral!).

AS you can see we have put alot of thought into names! Now it's just a matter of waiting until June/July next year to see which we use :O)

babalooba is offline Being a brother is better than being a superhero
    Thanks
    Reviews
    For DS1 I was looking through a baby book and saw the name and loved it straight away (Ryder). His first middle name is after his late great grandfather (Orenzo) and his second middle name is a family name (Richard). My grandfather has it, my dad has it and my brother has it.
    DS2 is named after my husband's father (Rocco). His first middle name is my husband's compare or godfather's name (Pasquale) and he also has the family name as his second name (Richard).
    I love names that really mean something and think its special to name your child after someone else who is important to you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When we were first together we had a pregnancy scare and we talked about names than. He mentioned Lilly and I had always liked the name. He agreed with my original boys names and has since added Aidan because it's similar to his name. Other names I liked Ella he preferred Evi I agreed with Evi than he switched to Ella lol.
    So if this bub is another girl she will most likely be Evi possibly Ella

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD's first name I stole from one of my favourite Bjork song.
    Her middle name is stolen from my favourite Jeff Buckley song.

DH loved the name the moment I suggested it and it fit our criteria perfectly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbity Babbity View Post
    DD's first name I stole from one of my favourite Bjork song.
    Her middle name is stolen from my favourite Jeff Buckley song.

DH loved the name the moment I suggested it and it fit our criteria perfectly.
    Isobel Grace?

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiekitty View Post
    Isobel Grace?

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I loved one particular name for DD, but DF was completely against it, so my second suggestion was his late mothers name which he loved. Turns out his late mothers name is the Latin word for the name I initially wanted anyway! DD's middle name was the month she, I, DF and her namesake were born in, and is also significant in a few other ways so was easy to pick.

For our next, we always knew a second girl would be named after my grandmother so that was easy, though still undecided on a middle name... While we were ttc #2 I came across just one boys name that I liked, df loved it too so that was that! A boy will also have DF's mother's maiden name as a middle name, just as DF has his grandmothers maiden name as a middle name.

We like the idea that even if our children grow to dislike their names, they will know we didn't just pick names willy nilly, that they have family names and will hopefully feel connected to their families through those names if that Makes sense.
    Last edited by bada; 14-01-2012 at 12:11.