+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How did you choose a name?

DF and I picked our sons name after I trawled through the baby name book and wrote a list of everything and anything I would possibly consider. DF took one look at the list and liked 3 of the 50 I had picked... I had loved Zac but our dog is Zeke far too confusing. Close second was Kai but DF preferred to spell it Kye. Then his middle name is Thomas after DF's middle name and his grandfathers middle name too. Our sons initials are by coincidence his great-grandfathers!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We chose Damian after searching through baby name books and the Internet for months and months. We didn't want a name that was too common nor too unique/weird. We didn't want a name that sounded to strong/harsh or too weak. We found that Damian was soft yet strong, and is Greek in origin (my mother is Italian, so close enough lol) and means "To Tame" which we think is perfect for a man and sounds beautiful to us and we chose the original spelling with the "a" not the modern day "e" variant which seems to be the more common out there. Also it starts with D like my name (that was just a bonus)

Oh, and Levi we chose because we wanted a short and strong middle name, and we love the way it flows with Damian and means "combined/together" which we like and also the fact we just really like the name in general, it sounds modern and different but it has a Hebrew origin with biblical roots like my name.

Sent from my iPhone, using Tapatalk
    Last edited by proud-mum; 17-12-2011 at 23:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DH and I each got a list together of names, cross referenced the lists and kept the names on both lists and said we could t add to the list unless by mutual agreement.

Then when DS was born we went through the list in the hospital and picked the name we felt best suited him.

Our girl name we had picked out for ages.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I named my DS Spencer after the main singer of UnderOath. Not sure if anyone knows them...? But I loooove the name.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by captainscaptain View Post
    I named my DS Spencer after the main singer of UnderOath. Not sure if anyone knows them...? But I loooove the name.
    I only think of that douche bag from The Hills Spencer Pratt!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS's name was the ONLY name we could agree on. We both liked it, and we both liked every Brody we had ever met so there were no bad associations.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD's name is a combination of my granmothers' names- They were Marlene and Emily. We tossed up between Emmaline or Marley and the latter won out
    Her middle name is my mum's name.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneDoe View Post
    I only think of that douche bag from The Hills Spencer Pratt!!!
    Douche indeed...unfortunate

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    DD1 DH mother died a few days before our wedding and we fall pregnant on our honeymoon. So she named after both grandmothers

DS1 got the only name DH liked and my grandfather name as a middle name

DD2 Dh wanted rocshelle but I didn't like it but agreed, than as she crown he said I could have the name I liked.

DD3 He agreed to let me name her

DS2 we agree on my favorite boys name and my dads name as the middle name

DS3 to be decided.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    DP chose DD's name. We decided he would choose first name and I would choose middle name. I wanted it to be special for him as I got to have the 24/7 kicking and bonding. So he can tell her that he named her. (ofcourse it couldn't be something either one of us didn't like) She has my name as a middle name so DP can never complain about that choice. Haha.

DP decided he wanted a russian name (My family is russian, he is Philippino/English) so he chose Katja (Kaht-ya) which means 'Pure'.

Everyone in my family was against it (No idea why, there are NO katja's in my family or connections at all). We cannot see her as anything else. As soon as we saw her, we knew we'd picked the right name.

Brain, brain, gone away, will come back another day.