+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Op shops and end of season sales as the kids get older and op shops don't have as much.

My son (2) is almost exclusively dressed in op shop clothing, with a few other thrown in where I can't get enough at the op shop. My older two (girls-7 and 9) have a fair bit of op shop stuff, plus hand-me-downs and a few things I get at end of season sales.

I get comments all the time about how nicely dressed they are, which I think is because their clothing is a bit more unique as its from all over the place. People are always shocked when I show them how much is from op shops!

I buy bigger sizes if I find something really good too and just put it away til it fits.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Annabella For This Useful Post:

misho  (18-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My hubby is always finding pumpkin patch and other brands I have never heard of at op shops - guess he has a knack for finding the girls trendy clothes ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app - sorry for typos :-/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrissyG View Post
    My hubby is always finding pumpkin patch and other brands I have never heard of at op shops - guess he has a knack for finding the girls trendy clothes ;-)

Lol! That's so cute! My husband loves to shop as well. We'll have to compare notes on which op shops
    are good!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have the patience for op shops. I don't even have the patience for specials racks
    I wish i did.... If it's not right there in front of me neatly organized I just don't look, guess it means I miss out on a lot of bargains though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    Lol! That's so cute! My husband loves to shop as well. We'll have to compare notes on which op shops
    are good!
    :-) whereabouts r u?
    We live down the Mornington Peninsula - victoria. A few bargain op shops around. Bit disappointed with Salvos lately!!! Getting expensive esp furniture - cheaper to buy brand new!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subscribing

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm hoping to get DS some nice clothes for next Summer in the boxing day sales. Will check MYER, surf shops and also Target

Thanks
    Reviews
    Myer end of season sales are fantastic. But get crazy cheap two weeks in. I have got ds some awesome stuff. A few pairs of jack and milly jeans for under $10. Sprout stuff for even cheaper.

We also get some stuff from op shops, but only if I am by myself and can take my time!

I buy plain basic t-shirts and stuff that don't last from k-mart and big W. They are always under $5, I always dress ds in a plain black t-shirt, with jeans that are usually his skinny jeans and his high top cons.

Not really budget friendly but we get stacks of stuff from rockyourbaby...com. haha. Sucks me in every time!