+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default removing a wart with paint-on remover...does it hurt?

Sorry if anyone finds this topic gross but i have to ask... We have been painting wart-killer on dd1's wart (on her finger) over the last couple of weeks. The wart is black and dead, and over the last 24 hours has split from her skin and is now hanging on by not very much at all.

Trouble is she has been in tears about it all evening. We don't know if she is actually in pain or just upset by the fact that apparently a body part is falling off... poor mite!

If anyone has been through this, was it painful, and once the wart came off did it take the site long to heal? was that painful for long?
    Cheers tiggy

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    the wart coming off shouldn't be hurting her. It may hurt if some of the wart-killer has touched the skin around it, though, especially just before the wart comes off as it's extra sensitive. I don't think it should be painful once it's off or anything like that. Not from memory, anyway, but it was a long time ago i had one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    it can sting a little as the wart is coming off as it leaves a bit of raw skin.
    once the wart is off a band aid to the area to stop the raw skin rubbing on things for a few days till it toughens up a bit

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My grandmother did this with me as a child and it worked I also used to pick at it though and it did sting but I'm not sure if that's because I'd pick

Eta: maybe explain that it's a bit like nails and hair and this too needs to come away so her (finger) can be healthier and grow better hopefully this will make her calmer. I was old enough to understand it was just a wart and it had to go so that probably helped. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    no,we've been really careful about where we put it, and we didn't even put anything on today. Oh well it must just be freaking her out then. I have told her that the Wart Witch will know all about it and will leave a pressie under her pillow when it falls off.

Oh the trials and tribulations of being 4, the world must be such a scary place...

Thanks
    Reviews
    wart witch is a good one I may steal that if I ever need too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok that's good, that's two of you mentioned stinging, i can live with that, as long as i know its not paining her.
    mummykitty good idea, we'll talk about that tomorrow (she has finally gone quiet 2 hours after bedtime!)

RMumR, DH just went to the shops and came back with Disney Princess bandaids I think that will make her feel better tomorrow lol

Thanks everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummykitty View Post
    wart witch is a good one I may steal that if I ever need too
    yeah, wart fairy somehow just didn't have a ring to it, yanno??!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Totally agree and I like that the warty witch is coming to give a reward much better than the usual witchy associations.

ETA what no warty witch bandages I hope she is feeling better soon, it's so scary facing new things at that age I'm yet to face hair cuts to my two much less warts and nails I let them do with me supervising now (call it fostering independence ) I'm such a cop out mummy
    Last edited by mummykitty; 17-12-2011 at 20:25.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mummykitty For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (17-12-2011)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Which remover are you using? (own curiosity, not because I believe one to hurt more than another )