+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default how dangerous is a UTI during pregnancy?

I think I may have another UTI I had one at 11 weeks I am now 26 weeks and have the little pressure when I wee which started my last one
    living rurally it is near impossible to see a doctor over the christmas period
    the reason I ask how serious it is I have a midwife app in just under 2 weeks do you think I could safely wait 2 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have suffered with horrendous UTI most of my life.
    I find cranberry juice in the early stages can make mine go away or drinking loads of water to flush it away.
    I think 2 weeks is far to long to leave an infection and I would seek medical help especially in pregnancy.
    Do you have a hospital you could visit?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Go to the GP. You can get anti-biotics for it that are safe during pregnancy. If you leave it too long, it can progress to an infection of the kidneys - which is dangerous pregnant or not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    well for me it caused my missed mc (dont mean to scare you... sorry) but i was 9 weeks and it was so bad (stupid doctors didnt diagnose it early enough and was in and out of hospital complaining of pain when peeing until one doctor finally checked) there was blood in the urine. if left too late it can be bad, i would not leave it 2 weeks.

hope it heals up fast. also if you have had it a few times in your pregnancy they might want to put you on anti b's for the remainder of your pregnancy (they were going to do that for me and said it is common for that to happen)

dont worry too much im sure all will be fine, i was just sharing my experience with it. sorry if i freaked you out it was not my intention.