+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just moved from a wonderful little country seaside town to Loganlea. I got abused today in the shopping centre by a nasty girl who said she was going to cut my throat eeeeeeeek. Cant say i am a big fan of Brisbane or its surrounds. I want rural, no neighbours no sirens no trains and you can leave your windows open all day and night.

I pray for the day that my hubby says lets go "home"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cazza1981 For This Useful Post:

TaylasWorld  (01-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Anywhere rural. I don't really hate anywhere, but I could never live rural again.
    I somewhat agree, I lived rural when I was a single mum, but I had no support so that could have been the main reason I was so lonley and struggled. Perhaps if I was content in my life with my wonderful partner around I would cope better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    dublin! NOO WAY IN HELL!!

really I could not live anywhere but where I am, Sydney's North Shore.
    I love it here.
    Its green, my house looks over the bush, the bus stops outside my door, my local oval has social night every friday where they turn on the floodlights and run a disco and serve wine and beer...Joyyyy
    The schools are awesome, its close to beaches and not too far from city and i can see the city perfectly from my roof.
    I could not live in Melbourne...or brisbane, or tasmania..so yeah just here is fine.
    although rent is awful! we are paying $900 a week!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersInstinct View Post
    I somewhat agree, I lived rural when I was a single mum, but I had no support so that could have been the main reason I was so lonley and struggled. Perhaps if I was content in my life with my wonderful partner around I would cope better.
    I moved to the country alone. I lived in this one area for 18 months before going overseas. The reason I moved was to try and save money to go away with. I met one other girl from Sydney and she was my saving grace. I found people to be racist, unfriendly and nosey. People looking in your trolley to see what you were buying, asking who you were with at that restaurant, keeping eyes on you. I was in the pub once with a friend of mine. He lit up a fag at the bar (way back when you could smoke inside) and this guy came over to him and said, "g'day J, how ya going?" My friend said, "what the f do you want, Steve?" I was like and then Steve asked my friend could he borrow his lighter. I must've still looked stunned afterwards and my friend said to me that he had been going into the pub for 5 years and tried to make conversation for years, he knew the guy must have wanted something to say hello to him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'd Hate to live in the country- especially alone I think I'd seen very isolated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would hate to live in a small country town where everyone knows your business. I like to have some anonymity and be near big city coveniences.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Western Sydney.

Outback Australia.

Anywhere that a shopping centre (with like 100+ stores incl a couple of department stores) is more than 45 minutes by car away. (S'pose that likely includes the outback - lol)

Somewhere inland more than 1 hour from the beach (again, clearly not outback)

Tasmania - never been but I doubt i could handle the climate.

Melbourne - not HATE but would avoid for various reasons. LOVE to visit though.

Northern Australia... Too humid & theres Crocodiles in the water!

Lol.

Through the process of elimination I'm quite happy where I live

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    Western Sydney.

Outback Australia.

Anywhere that a shopping centre (with like 100+ stores incl a couple of department stores) is more than 45 minutes by car away. (S'pose that likely includes the outback - lol)

Somewhere inland more than 1 hour from the beach (again, clearly not outback)

Tasmania - never been but I doubt i could handle the climate.

Melbourne - not HATE but would avoid for various reasons. LOVE to visit though.

Northern Australia... Too humid & theres Crocodiles in the water!

Lol.

Through the process of elimination I'm quite happy where I live
    All of this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm with you on north shore beryls mum. IF we ever moved back to Sydney I wouldn't live anywhere but the north shore.

I still occasionally slip & refer to it as 'home'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Uniquey View Post
    I would hate to live in a small country town where everyone knows your business. I like to have some anonymity and be near big city coveniences.
    I'm the opposite of this!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast