Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    In the burbs anywhere

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I always said I would hate to live in Sydney when I lived in the country.

I thought I would hate the traffic - instead I learned to drive here and love it!

I thought the people were rude - instead they are MUCH friendlier than the snobby cliquey people from my home town.

I thought there was more crime - instead I haven't been witness to ANY crime in the 4 years I've lived here, however there have been 5 murders, a drive by, and likely the same massive drug problem hanging about in my old town in that time.

I thought I would hate to live in a unit - instead I love having neighbors just across the hall who come by to give me a stack of cookies when they bake a batch I also love not having to mow the lawn!

So I guess I wouldn't *hate* to live anywhere, because for all I know the things I think I wouldn't like may well end up being the things I love!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shoopuf For This Useful Post:

Jess1889  (18-12-2011),RainbowSky  (17-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anywhere really humid
    Anywhere really rural

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoopuf View Post
    I always said I would hate to live in Sydney when I lived in the country.

I thought I would hate the traffic - instead I learned to drive here and love it!

I thought the people were rude - instead they are MUCH friendlier than the snobby cliquey people from my home town.

I thought there was more crime - instead I haven't been witness to ANY crime in the 4 years I've lived here, however there have been 5 murders, a drive by, and likely the same massive drug problem hanging about in my old town in that time.

I thought I would hate to live in a unit - instead I love having neighbors just across the hall who come by to give me a stack of cookies when they bake a batch I also love not having to mow the lawn!

So I guess I wouldn't *hate* to live anywhere, because for all I know the things I think I wouldn't like may well end up being the things I love!
    Lol. I always said I would hate to live in Sydney too. But since moving I have realised how awesome it is. It's village-y, it's leafy and it's friendly.

I put it down to it being a v different place to visit - especially for work - than to live in.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

RainbowSky  (17-12-2011),Shoopuf  (17-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I grew up in Sydney but moved to WA when I was 18. I have been back a couple of times since and could never live in the metro area there again. I would live along the coast but have no interest in battling traffic, having people live on my doorstep on small blocks (if you want to live close to the city) etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't think there is anywhere I would hate to live. It's more about the environmental factors that could happen anywhere.

E.g., I'd hate to live anywhere with nasty neighbours.
    I'd hate to live in a high crime area.
    I'd hate to live somewhere that smells bad/ has loud noise around.

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkIsTheNewBlack View Post
    Anywhere really humid
    Anywhere really rural
    Quote Originally Posted by wrena View Post
    In the burbs anywhere
    Agreed. Which is where I live now. Tragic.

Quote Originally Posted by LucyB View Post
    Lol. I always said I would hate to live in Sydney too. But since moving I have realised how awesome it is. It's village-y, it's leafy and it's friendly. I put it down to it being a v different place to visit - especially for work - than to live in.
    Aw, Sydney. I heart you.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MuminMind For This Useful Post:

NancyBlackett  (17-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Any where hot and humid QLD/NT not for me.

I live in tassie love the climate and the people. Only a hop skip and a jump to Melbourne or syd if I get the urge for a concert or theatre!!!

Guest Guest
    I couldn't live anywhere other than Melbourne or be further than a 10k radius of the cdb. I'd holiday anywhere else though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Darwin. I spent 2 years living there and couldn't get on the plane home fast enough

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast