+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Why don't people like the Phil and Teds prams??

Ive got bub #2 due in May 2012 and have been looking around at some prams lately. DS1 will be 2.5 years old when bub is born and still goes in his pram regularly as he is a runner and wont walk next to me for very long. He is happy in his pram and still sleeps in it if I go for a long walk.

I want to get a pram suitable for a toddler and newborn but don't like the side by side prams. I have looked at so far are the Strider plus, Baby Jogger City Select and the Phil and Teds Explorer. I find the Strider and Baby Jogger too big and bulky for me as I am short and have a small frame. My favourite pram so far has been the P&T Explorer but lately I have heard a lot of people on the hub saying they don't like their P&T and are looking for another pram to buy or just wish they never bought one.

Im wondering why?? I don't want to end up buying one and hating it and finding myself back to square one with looking for another pram.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its hard to get a newborn in and out. Both children can't recline. Well neither can when in toddler mode. I like mine. But they are issues I've had. Oh and it can tip at times when going up gutters and such.

Sent from my T3020 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I love mine. Few minor issues but so affordable, light and fits in my car so easily.
    I'm more than happy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    On the other hand I love my pt. I have run and walked with it for 4 years every day at least 3+ kms and put it on over 100 flights. It's lasted and lasted

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was keen on one, but read lots of reviews about faulty brakes and recalls which put me off. There are a couple of recalls out at the moment for P&T prams.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had an explorer. The steering was crap when I had one bag of not heavy groceries in it. When you have the toddler at the bottom you lose basket space. I found it tippy going over gutters with a 5 month old but that I don't know if that happens with all 3 wheelers. At the end of the day my DS cried so much when he was facing away from me I got myself a city select and we both love it.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    We just bought a second hand p&t - it was hardly used and now i know why! Its a piece of crap! The rubber has come away from the rim of the wheel, the brake is impossible to use, steering isnt great, handle and bumper bars damage easily. My 11 week old was in it today and it tipped.

I would buy a side by side, new mountain buggy duet or baby jogger city mini!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I love mine, my two have a 13 month gap.

Some people dislike the newborn mode as it's right under the toddler and hard to get baby in and out if you have the toddler seat on... BUT, we only used this mode for 4 months at the most and during that time I wore DD mainly, so didn't really use the newborn mode. Now they are both upright, I find it great and the recline is enough for both to sleep while in it.

It's light, it's compact and very easy to put up and collapse.

I've had no issues with steering or it tipping and my babies 8mo and 21mo have a combined weight of about 30kgs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'm not a fan, it's not big enough for me

But the chick at babies galore I WAS going to buy my strider off got into an argument with me because she has a P&T and loves it and was so rude because I didn't want one.

But she banged on about how it collapses easily, with both seats attached, it's lighter than the strider, takes up less room etc.

Myself I wanted a pram with rear facing, big under carriage, reclining 2nd seat (though the recline mechanism on my strider is F-d argh! Baby coming soon I'll have to get it repaired somehow ) and I'm not a fan of 3 wheelers. So P&T doesn't tick MY boxes.

And I don't drive so collapsibility and compactness means diddly squat to me

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have had mine for over 2 years & haven't had any issues with it and it truly gets put through it's paces - esp now 15 weeks pregnant with no.3. I still push DD 4&1/2 years & DD 20mnths in it!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app - sorry for typos :-/