+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Christmas entree/finger food suggestions

I'm trying to work out what to serve for Christmas day lunch for when our family arrive & we open presents. Preferably something that requires very little preparation (just opening a packet would be great ). I want something Christmasy rather than just a standard starter of biscuits & dip, although I'll go for that I suppose if I can't find a more Christmasy option.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    here is a few easy recipes

http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe...stmas-L98.html

http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe...alls-L366.html

http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe...ings-L639.html

http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe...Cake-L728.html
    easy fruit cake ever (2 mins prep )

I have more if you want them

other that
    I do a platter of sliced kebab, cheese slices/chunks, red, green and white pickled onions, gherkin and crackers

chips
    lollies (Christmas shapes)
    fruit platter in the shape of a Christmas tree.
    I have done the cinnamon rolls tree too but that is a little more work.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

mim1  (17-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mini bruschettas? Slice a baguette up into 1cm thick pieces, spread some pesto over (out of a jar if you cant be bothered with fresh) top with one slice of roma tomato, a slice of bocconcini and a pinch of shredded basil. Done.

Little chicken tostadas are cool. Cut out circles from tortillas with a biscuit cutter and lightly toast so they firm up. Stir a sachet of taco seasoning through some shredded BBQ chicken and place a spoonful on top of each tortilla round. Top with whatever you prefer - guacamole, cheese or a dollop of sour cream, salsa and herb garnish or chopped black olives

Strawberry Santas are a bit sweet but are absolutely adorable. . I made some for DDs school chrissy party and the plate was clear in less than 3 mins. Grab a punnet of strawberries, whipped cream in the squirt can if you dont want to do your own, black writing icing and a block of dark chocolate. Melt the choc and drop 50c size puddles on a sheet of baking paper. These form the feet and anchor the berries. Cut the leaves of each strawberry, then cut the tip off but save the tips. Turn strawberry upside down (where the leaves were removed) and place each on their choc feet. Pipe a swirl of cream on the top for the beard and replace each tip. Pipe a tiny cream blob on top to form the hat. Then pipe two black dots for eyes. Cover and put in fridge and your done.
    Last edited by TeenyT; 17-12-2011 at 12:37.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TeenyT For This Useful Post:

mim1  (17-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Prawns

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

mim1  (17-12-2011)