+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cairnsmum2B View Post
    I played on FB and BH on my iPhone lol! Trying to focus on the screen really helped me stay awake although there were a few times where I did doze off only to wake with a jolt a few seconds later!
    This. I also downloaded the scrabble app and played lots and lots of scrabble.

I have not so subtlety asked for an e-reader for Christmas to use while b/fing the bub due next year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I feed in the recliner in the lounge room, but I keep the back upright or I would fall asleep. I put the TV on, but as my dd has seemed more interested in sounds I've put the TV on & found a program with subtitles - now that's a way to keep your attention if the show is interesting (we have foxtel). On free-to-air there's always ABC news 24 for slightly more stimulating TV than infomercials!

My routine for overnight feeds is to get up, take dd to the lounge, feed her, change her, then put her in the electric swing next to my lounge chair eventhough she's often still awake. I then do something - have a drink, check my e-mail or something else while waiting to see if she's put herself to sleep - I give her a few minutes and it gives my back a rest & wakes me up enough to be ready to settle her if needed. I then settle her in my arms if needed & put her back in the swing. She often needs 20 or so minutes in the swing to go into a deep sleep - during which time I often put her dummy back in a few times, or need to pat her head, or even give her another cuddle. Once she seems more deeply asleep it's back to bed for us (bassinet for her, bed for me).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mim1 For This Useful Post:

Summerwinter  (17-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hoow the hell do you ladies read/play on your phone while bf??? in the first few months i felt like i needed 3 hands just to bf! i could never get the hang of using a pillow though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mopoke View Post
    hoow the hell do you ladies read/play on your phone while bf??? in the first few months i felt like i needed 3 hands just to bf! i could never get the hang of using a pillow though.
    I had used a breast feeding pillow that I would rest DS and my phone on. Scrabble, Facebook and BH were my favorite things to do, I never mastered holding a book (hence my request for an e-reader).

As he got a bit older and we got better at breast feeding DS would latch himself on and I then had pretty much both hands free.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had our bed set up for safe co-sleeping and fed laying on my side. This was after a few weeks tho, I could never get the hang of lay-down feeding with my newbies.

Other than that, TV.

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't stay awake sorry I couldn't dd fed ALL night at that age.

Sometimes I'd make a 'bed' on the floor and feed her lying down. Prop my leg up on a couple of pillows so I couldnt roll and go back to sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to just let bubs feed in bed with me while i slept, the mattress was firm and I had pillows near my legs to stop me from rolling but I never did roll towards the kids anyway. I found it safer for me as I would try to feed on the lounge and then wake up almost dropping bubs on the tiled floor. As my bubs got older they would find the boob themselves while i was alseep and attach and feed. My bubs fed every 3 hrs when they got in a patern but before that it could be up to every hr and if I had got up everytime for it I would have been exhausted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was lucky as I'm able to be wide awake from when I wake up and could go straight back to sleep again after DS finished bottle. We will see how I go this time round, when it happens.

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    tv. If i dont switch it on i fall asleep unless i have lots to worry about then i just sit there & think. I have a special glider & tv in my room - so even though hubby is sleeping i turn it on & watch in order to keep awake.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I play games on my phone (angry birds my fav!). that always keeps me awake!! at 3m DD still wakes 2hrly but feeds for just 10,15min . one feed a night..usually around 4-5am mark when im exhausted, i do fall asleep and so does DD with boob in her mouth ..only when she starts sucking in her does it startle me awake !! on and i read books on my phone as well..have gone through 3 jane austin novels !!