+ Reply to Thread

Default carers pension and work payouts

hi im just wondering if any of you ladies can help me?
    I was on unpaid leave due my youngest child having surgery to help prolong the life of his kidney. He was in and out of hospital due to urinary tract infections and the couple of ops he had to have. This is when I decided to apply for Carers pension as Ds2 has the renal failure and Ds1 has severe behaviour and language difficulties (lots of Allied health appts).
    Centrelink has granted me the carers pension but I had to make a choice come back to work to do rotating 24/7 roster or resign. I am not in a position to commit to going back to work so I resigned. I have just been paid out my long service leave and now am worried how long centrelink will stop my payments. After Christmas i will declared my payout but would like to know what they will probably do. The only information i can find is when you have a payout and want to sign on to centrelink, that the payment is delayed as you can live on your payout but nothing when you are already on centrelink. Any advice is welcome, apart from go back to work ;p it was a difficult decision as I had a great job but my kids and their health and appts come first.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    There are two payments relating to carers. Carers allowance isn't income based and is $ $110 per/ fortnight the actual fortnightly carers payment is income based and they will calculate that for you once you let them know your situation.