+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edb View Post
    I have a doctors appoint on the 4th of jan now as well. I had a few tests yesterday and the doctor wouldn't give me the results over the phone as usual I have to go in for a full appointment. So now I'm counting down to the 4th to find out what it is!! And I'm thinking something is wrong so don't have high hopes to conceive this month.
    How is everyone else going?
    Did the Doctor tell you what he/she is testing for?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was a whole bunch of ultra sounds, checking for blockages and lumps etc. I know I already have certain cells in the lining of my uterus (forget the name!) which aren't an issue right now but will eventually need to laser out (takes 3 months to heal so didn't want to do it while TTC).
    Damn Xmas and public holidays getting in the way of appointments!
    I guess I'll have to enjoy some wine, cheese and ham to get me through the two weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wine, cheese and ham are three of my favourite things!
    All is well, I'll defo be sure to check back in after the 4th to see how the doc appointments go for you both!

So I went and bought my first OPK today and am very excited about peeing on something again (I worry about myself sometimes) but I'm a little unsure about when to start testing? I'm cd10 at the mo and my last cycle was 31 days so FF has predicted O day on cd17...... 7tests in my kit and don't want to waste by starting too early! Any ideas

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by POASADDICT View Post
    Wine, cheese and ham are three of my favourite things!
    All is well, I'll defo be sure to check back in after the 4th to see how the doc appointments go for you both!

So I went and bought my first OPK today and am very excited about peeing on something again (I worry about myself sometimes) but I'm a little unsure about when to start testing? I'm cd10 at the mo and my last cycle was 31 days so FF has predicted O day on cd17...... 7tests in my kit and don't want to waste by starting too early! Any ideas
    What is your average cycle length? Although if your all over the place like me (well I won't be anymore now that I have started Clomid) it is probably a good idea to by internet cheapies in bulk, that way you can start as soon as cd 10 (that is when I usually started). If you know your average look on the box it will tell you the best time to start testing, but remember that the two lines have to be the same darkness, OPKs are not like a HPT, so you need those exact same colour lines and it will be best to DTD that night you get the same colored lines and the next day as well as it just measures the surge.

Sorry if you know all this already.

AFM: I am CD 10 and should be gearing up to O in the next 5 days. As I am a POAS addict as well I started peeing on a stick at cd 8, I am so not used to knowing that I will O earlier then I usually would.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kimnus For This Useful Post:

POASADDICT  (23-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks kimnus, think I may leave it a couple of days and start testing then, treat myself to a Christmas OPK test haha! Think I'll get some Internet cheapies for the next cycle..... Unless of course I get my BFP in January! ooooooh I do hope so!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingers crossed POASADDICT you won't need them and we will be in the same due in group

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Fingers crossed for us all!!

Me (27) & Him (25) = DSD (7), DS (6), DSD (3) & DD (2) plus TTC from Dec 2011 :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use an OPK every second day POASADDICT. The line gradually gets darker for me so I only use them every few days early on in my cycle to save them as well.
    It's best to test later in the day as your surge generally kicks in the arvo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    They say to test between 10am and 10pm but say the best time of day is to test at 2pm. But I test when ever I can in the day. On the days that I am working I do it when I come home at 7.30pm.

You just have to remember that The LH surge only last for 24 hours, and sperm can last 3-5 days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have read about some people testing twice a day! Every second day and you could miss the surge surely? Think I'll try every day from Christmas and see what happens! Wish me luck, never had a positive OPK result (as I've not done them before) ...... I'm a little excited LOL