+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleigh View Post
    Nah, I have depression and anxiety. Always tierd, snappy, never want to do anything. Its been getting a bit worse lately though. I dont know why because Im so happy with my life right now. Anyways, thats not the topic

I dont really know why its like this. Normally Im quite intuned with my subconcious. I know myself. This... I just put it down to not hungry. I never thought of it as anything else until he said something. I just feel awekward now thinking of it The idea that I might not know something is wrong...
    Appetite disturbance is a symptom of depression. it can go either way, never satisfied or never hungry.

So you don't eat much but are not losing weight?

The best advice i can give you... keep a food diary. Write down what you eat, when you eat it, and weigh yourself once a week. Forget about losing or gaining weight, its just an exercise to track patterns in your diet and metabolism. In a couple of weeks or a month, if you are still worried, you will have something to show your GP.

If you don't trust your GP to help you, find a new one.

BTW Cleigh, your little one was sick recently, how did you go with that? I posted on your thread but you didn't check back with us

Riiiiight.. there. Where I'm pointing. See it?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post

I had the same sort of problem about 8yrs ago. I just stopped eating while my (ex) DP was away as i didnt want to cook just for me. I dropped 8kg in 5wks and was about 55kg (Im 173cm tall, so i was really underweight). It took a while to be able to eat again. It happened again about 5yrs ago. I just forgot to eat. I dropped about 10kg and was back to 55kg. My stomach had shrunk and i wasnt able to eat more than 2 bites at a time.

If i were you id go to the Dr. It may be something, or it may be nothing
    when i was 12 i hit 170ishcm and 55kg and stopped. that was half my life ago, i'm still trying to get to 60kg. so annoying! and i eat like a horse!

anyway, e. have you you had your iron tested? i say this because when i was rather badly anaemic in high school i had no appetite. i could be really starving, but to actually look at food just made me feel sick. the doctor told me to graze. mum had exactly the same problem once when she did the 40 hour famine, couldn't eat afterwards. sounds like something has triggered your appetite to turn off like that?
    try iron testing though, if you're anaemic it may help explain the fatigue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Do you drink lots? Like other things besides water? My DH will do what you do. He eats when I make us dinner or remind him. He mentioned this to a dietician once along with the fact that he drinks an unhealthy amount of energy drinks and litres of milk a day. The dietician told him that he was basically getting all his energy that he needs a day from his drinks and so that is why he isn't hungry. Obviously not getting all the nutrients he needs but he certainly isn't dropping weight or feeling unwell from it unless it gets to about day 4 or so.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTiggyWinkle View Post
    Appetite disturbance is a symptom of depression. it can go either way, never satisfied or never hungry.

So you don't eat much but are not losing weight?

The best advice i can give you... keep a food diary. Write down what you eat, when you eat it, and weigh yourself once a week. Forget about losing or gaining weight, its just an exercise to track patterns in your diet and metabolism. In a couple of weeks or a month, if you are still worried, you will have something to show your GP.

If you don't trust your GP to help you, find a new one.

BTW Cleigh, your little one was sick recently, how did you go with that? I posted on your thread but you didn't check back with us
    I dont lose weight because I dont eat. The whole fat storing thing I think. I dont understand it really. But once I eat enough each day, I lose weight. Its just a chore to keep eating. Im pretty sure that it is because of depression, I hate it though. I love baking and cooking etc. I hate that I dont want to do it anymore

And thank you soo much for asking. I never went back to the thread. I have a bad habbit of doing that :P He went to the ER but after being there so long they turned him out because he didnt throw up while we were there. He was better after that though. I had to force feed him drink, he wasnt happy about that. Glad he got better though.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeee View Post
    when i was 12 i hit 170ishcm and 55kg and stopped. that was half my life ago, i'm still trying to get to 60kg. so annoying! and i eat like a horse!

anyway, e. have you you had your iron tested? i say this because when i was rather badly anaemic in high school i had no appetite. i could be really starving, but to actually look at food just made me feel sick. the doctor told me to graze. mum had exactly the same problem once when she did the 40 hour famine, couldn't eat afterwards. sounds like something has triggered your appetite to turn off like that?
    try iron testing though, if you're anaemic it may help explain the fatigue.
    It might explaing the fatigue... When preggers with S I had very low iron. I will look into that. Really should take multi V.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny88 View Post
    Do you drink lots? Like other things besides water? My DH will do what you do. He eats when I make us dinner or remind him. He mentioned this to a dietician once along with the fact that he drinks an unhealthy amount of energy drinks and litres of milk a day. The dietician told him that he was basically getting all his energy that he needs a day from his drinks and so that is why he isn't hungry. Obviously not getting all the nutrients he needs but he certainly isn't dropping weight or feeling unwell from it unless it gets to about day 4 or so.
    I dont really drink alot most days, but other days I do. I can see how that would effect me. I can get full on a 600ml of ice coffee etc. Thats an interesting theory there Thanks.