+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    As mentioned earlier, I was hospitalised in a general acute psychiatric ward for five weeks, (RPA- Missenden Psychiatric Unit) I was severly unwell, on the verge of suicide. I needed some distance from the 'real world' and time to process what was happening to me.

Everyone's experience is different, but I had such a positive hositalisation. Staff and patients were amazing, and it completely changed my life. Particularly since I had been on the other side of the "fence" as a social worker in a psychiatric unit, and got to appreciate the experience from a patient's POV.

I wish you all the best. Please PM me if you want to chat further.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    JAW!! So great to see you! Have thought about you often, I hope all is going well on the family front and I hope you get what you need reg your question- sorry I can't help further but I'm really looking forward to 'catching up'. Hope you hang around for a little while.