+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Mental Health & Hospital

Hi

I haven't been on these boards for quite a while but used to be quite a prolific poster..

Anyway, I am wondering if anyone has checked themselves into hospital in relation to Mental Health issues, how did you go about it and did it help you?

Please rest assured this is a question for myself, not some research project or anything else. If you don't want to write it here please pm me, I am really looking for some guidance and insight here to help me work out what I need to do.

Thanks.

J.A.W

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Goodness!! What a blast from the past. Can't answer your question but just wanted to say hello and hope things are going well. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I PM'd you

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have no experience, but hope all goes well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi - not sure if this helps as I didn't check myself into a hospital as such but some months ago I had a complete mental breakdown. Came home for lunch one day and just couldn't stop crying... for hours. I phoned my DH and asked him to make an appointment at a psychologist and he phoned back with a "they'll call you back". I'd been suffering for months from anxiety and depression and honestly thought I wouldn't make it if I didn't have an appointment as a lifeline to get me out of it. I opened up the yellow pages online and just started going through all the names and phoning them until someone answered and gave me an appointment for the following day. I had to phone a few but I got lucky. It turned out I was supposed to go to my GP first and get a mental health plan so I could claim it on medicare but honestly that would have taken too long.

I don't know your situation at all and maybe you've been through the process I've described already. All I can say is I have some idea what your going through and I hope you get the information you need. You could try phoning lifeline - surely they could point you in the right direction???? Or phone hospitals and ask?

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can call CAT (AKA Crisis Assessment & Treatment)
    near you or rock up to A/E. If you need help to find CAT near you pm me where you live and I can find the info for you.

Last edited by *Cj*; 16-12-2011 at 18:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies... and yes FOBS it has been a while, life got busy!

I have just emailed a local minister that I trust and know very well and asked for her advice. She also knows my family quite well so I thought she would be a good place to start.

I guess on the upside I can say that I have been in this position before and am aware of it enough to know I need some help before it gets even worse.

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi there! Wow, I'm sorry you are going through such a tough time, I hope you manage to get the support you need

Thanks
    Reviews
    no advice sorry but I hope you get the help you need take care

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there Just Add Water.

I have, and it was the wisest thing I ever could have done for myself and my family. I had severe PND, and ended up hospitalised in a acute psychiatric unit for 5 weeks. I am happy to share my story here, but I'll have to come back later tonights after my kids are asleep.

Meanwhile, please look after yourself.