+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default E-Readers???

Does anyone have one that you would recommend. I originally wanted to get the Amazon Kindle because I wanted to be able to borrow e-books from the library but of course, this is not available in Australia. (which is really irritating ). This really sucks because I usually borrow books since I am too cheap (broke) to always buy them.
    So, is the kindle still worth it or should I look at the cheaper ones? This will be my Christmas present if I decide to get one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    There are a lot of free books which you can download for the kindle. I think most of the classics are free.

I think you can also read pdfs on there as well, but I don't think I have tried this, although I do have lots of Stephen king ebooks on a disc so should try it soon.

Is there a kobo ereader? I used to have a Sony ereader, it is not as good as the kindle, imo.

Sorry i can't be much more help.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Check out your local library - through the Brisbane City Council library you can download e-books for a set period of time for free. It's great (though I usually buy them because e-books are generally so cheap anyways).

I've got a Kobo but not sure how it differs from the Sony or Kindle. I really like it though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've got a Kindle and it's great! I haven't used any other e-readers so I can't compare.

Like a PP said, there are lots of free e-books available for download from Amazon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My sister and I bought e-readers for my parents for christmas. I did a bit of research on kindle or e-reader as the kindles were twice the price and from reviews the e-readers seemed really good. I'm not sure if you could download the free books from amazon but I definitely found loads of other sites with free books, just google free e-reader books and you'll find a ton.
    HTH

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When I did my research back in August the Kindle was the best option, Amazon have ebooks a lot cheaper than the other ebook stores I found. I'm really happy with my Kindle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the input. I have been searching and found a few places to borrow ebooks from. It seems like the Kobo may be the way to go since it supports the epub format and therefore, allows more free content than the Kindle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My Mum has a Kobo and my sister and I both have Kindles. We are all really happy with a respective e-readers. I love mine. I doubt there would be a whole lot of difference though.