+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 6.5 month old used to be a perfect sleeper!!!

My son used to be a perfect sleeper would easily do from 8-8:30pm til 5:30-6am he did this consistently over a couple of months roughly with a better or worse night in between. For the last 3 weeks to a month he has started waking up at midnight followed by another waking at 4ish and then waking at 6ish when clearly still tired and needing to be settled back to bed if possible or else brought into my bed... And his having a bottle at midnight and 4, not to mention a full bottle before bed.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions or has been in this situation... I clearly got too used to my sleep again... Oh his on solids and has been since 4 months, he was on two meals breakkie and a late arvo feed but over a week ago I increased it to a third feed mid arvo and pushing the late arvo feed to more of a dinner time!

Sorry for the rambling!!! Thanks :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Could he be hungry? Have you tried increasing how much he eats?

My DS started doing the same at around 8.5 months, and I think it's mainly due to teething. A teeth finally seems to be coming through and he's sleeping a bit better now.

Or is there anything you might have changed ie. introduced a new food? Could be something that doesn't agree with him.

Or could he be sick?

Sorry no easy answers!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    One thing I learnt with babies is they change so frequently. What is normal one day, isn't the next.
    It could be plenty of things. It could be teeth. A growth spurt, or even a wonder week (aka month, lol)

I don't think there is much you can do. Babies have a funny way of doing what they want, when they want, despite the parents best efforts to change them. Go with it

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

Bluest Blue Box  (16-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What Bell & Bug said.
    I started out with a great sleeper and it all turned to crap after a few months. He's 8 months now amd we're in a good place but there's been plenty of ups and downs. Despite everything I did to try and change him, he's pretty much worked it out on his own.
    Sorry, I know it's not the best advice but it will get better.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Agree with pp's. I never get used to anything because DS's sleep always changes. I don't try to over-analys it now, unless something is terribly wrong with bub (high temp or whatever).

DS was on my boob every hour between 3-5 months. I went completely cooky! Then he started sleeping through, then he started rolling at night and needing help rolling back, then he stated having one feed a night again, now he's back up to 2 feeds a night and wanting to come into my bed at about 3-4am.

*sigh*

Thanks
    Reviews
    I could of written this post! Exactly the same here. DD always been an average day sleeper - but I could rely on good nights. Then she got sick. She is better, but seems to have hung onto waking up in the middle of the night and then staying up anywhere from 1 hour to 2.5 hours! If a feed would solve the problem - I would feed with pleasure - but no - she feeds, gets lovely and sleepy and THEN refuses to sleep!
    Any ideas for breaking the pattern much appreciated.
    P.S. Not teething - not even a bump, no temperature - I am pretty sure it is just a newly acquired 'habit'

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm giving a try to a different brand of formula as in recent weeks we have stepped up to level 2 and used a different brand... This was after his sleeping issues started but I figure it's worth a try to see if it satisfies him more.

Also a friend of mine suggested instead of a formula feed to give him warm water and once he realizes his not getting a proper feed it might help him stay asleep? If that makes sense sort of??