+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 9 weeks and peeing all night :( VENT

I'm 9 weeks and feel like total crap my hips are really sore, my stomach is hugely bloated, I have bad reflux, I need to pee all the time and I jut feel generally un well an yuk... Is this normal???? I don't remember things being this bad with my first pregnancy especially this early on but Iam quite a bit heavier this time around due to gaining alot of weight after getting thyroiditis after my son was born. Could all this be because I'm over weight? This was a very un planned pregnancy in fact I really really did not want to get pregnant till I lost all this weight but the contraception we were using didn't work and so now here I am. I feel so angry I never thought I would have an un planned pregnancy and really feel like I don't want to be pregnant. Then I feel like how could I think this when there are so many people out there who can't have kids and would love to be pregnant.. Ugh what's wrong with me . Any advice from anyone who has been through any of this would be great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I remember peeing a lot in the first trimester as the uterus is pushing against the bladder (however I didn't have it with my first pregnancy either). It eased off in the 2nd trimester as the uterus rises. Now I have to pee all the time because I am 31 weeks and baby must be pushing on my bladder.
    Heartburn early on is normal.
    Bloating is normal (I feel bloated this time around)
    I was not sick at ALL with #1 but was sick with this pregnancy until around 14 weeks , eased off completely at 16 weeks.

i hope you feel better soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I found the first trimester the hardest and because you don't feel well and your so tired it's hard to stay positive. Bring on the second trimester I say! You will feel better, you will pee less, you will get you energy back and no doubt you will start getting excited about this pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    I find milk helps with the reflux. You get used to going to the bathroom several times a night. I've found I only go once or twice now, whereas in my first trimester I was going two-four times a night. Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    i was the same with peeing all the time! first tri i was up maybe 3 or 4 times a night then it eased off at about 16 weeks (morning sickness from 7-19 weeks) and now im up maybe 1 or 2 times a night in second tri. i never used to get up once before preg to pee..so it really frustrated me too! just makes u so tired and harder to deal with the other preg complaints because your so tired.
    Milk def helps and now i take TUMS too for hear burn.. mine strikes at night mostly.
    I hated the first tri but it will get better and more exciting when baby kicks.. its normal to feel so much like crap i think cuz i sure did..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been exactly the same each pregnancy with feeling physically awful, it seemed to hit its peak at around 9 weeks, and then by 10weeks the bloating just disappeared and the need to pee started to decrease. I was getting up 2-3 times a night and waking at 4am to pee, but now at 16weeks its gone and I am sleeping right through no worries, even with a big glass of milk right before bed to help the reflux! It's been like that since at least 12-13 weeks.

It will get better, and I hear you on the frustrations of being overweight, I wanted to drop a few more kg's before I fell pregnant as well, and I guess the way I look at it is that I still have the ability to lose weight and exercise now to increase fitness and general health, and if I keep on doing the groundwork now it will make it easier in the end. I am diabetic so following a Low GI /gestational diabetes diet and have continued to lose weight at a slow and steady pace and feel much better for it. Maybe you could look into that type of eating too? It's a very well rounded and healthy meal plan

Also my 4th baby was unplanned, well we'd planned to have a 4th but he snuck in early!! I had only just had a baby 8months beforehand and it was a huge shock to the system. I unloaded on a friend, had a mini meltdown and felt so much better, I'm lucky she's understanding because I felt terrible for feeling that way when there were others out there who so desperately wanted a baby right now. I think because I knew I did want another baby later down the track it made it easier to adjust, I had 9 months to get used to the idea and thinking of it that way made it easier to process. By the time we found out he was a boy I found it a lot easier to bond with him and look forward to his arrival. The relationship he has with his brother is a very special one and I know that the timing was actually perfect! Hindsight is always 20/20 though.

I hope you feel better soon!