+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11
    wildoats's Avatar
    wildoats is offline Whether you think you can or think you can't, you are right - Henry Ford
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    443
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked
    9
    Reviews
    0
    Thanks missiemack for your reply. I called my sister who works in Wollongong Hospital and she said not to go to Figtree and said the same thing that they send you to Wollongong if any major problems arise. Thank you for your reply again

  2. #12
    wildoats's Avatar
    wildoats is offline Whether you think you can or think you can't, you are right - Henry Ford
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    443
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked
    9
    Reviews
    0
    Thank you DJMUMMY - After reading everyone's responses and researching a bit more about it, at the moment I have decided to give Liverpool a try and go for a visit. Thank you for all your help!

  3. #13
    DJMUMMY is offline BH Advocate for south west Sydney
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    72
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked
    4
    Reviews
    1
    Hi are you going to visit Liverpool private or public? I've heard Liverpool public is good. You can go there as a private patient too. Best wishes hope it all works out.
    Take care, Dj

  4. #14
    wildoats's Avatar
    wildoats is offline Whether you think you can or think you can't, you are right - Henry Ford
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    443
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked
    9
    Reviews
    0
    Hi! I will go to the private hospital I think Thanks for your kind words. I had my first scan today and I'm due 7/8/12 - very excited!

  5. #15
    DJMUMMY is offline BH Advocate for south west Sydney
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    72
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked
    4
    Reviews
    1
    Hi congrats....an exciting time for you. I had a wonderful trainee nurse she is now a nurse at the private hospital, she is young long blond hair I think her name was monique....she was excellent and she was still training when I had Alyssa lol! They had no nurses to bring back from recovery I waited 2hrs in recovery they sent her down to get me as I had a c section. She was awesome. Hope you get her.

  6. #16
    wildoats's Avatar
    wildoats is offline Whether you think you can or think you can't, you are right - Henry Ford
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    443
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked
    9
    Reviews
    0
    Ohhh I hope I get her! She sounds lovely! Thank you

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to wildoats For This Useful Post:

    DJMUMMY  (19-12-2011)

  8. #17
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    431
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked
    1
    Reviews
    0
    Hi hopefully i can help here.

    I had our first in Wollongong as a public patient. My birth experience was great - middys were awesome. Ended up having a posteria bub, drug free. Very happy. Once on the ward was another matter. I had PND and had rude, arrogant nurses to "help" me.

    Most of them made me cry. Because i had to see the social worker prior to delivery (as part of the pnd scores i had), she was supposed to come around to see me afterwards and have a chat and help me. Instead, this woman walked in, asked if i was Kym, chucked an envelope of photocopied brochures on my bed and left.

    I left the hospital 2 nights after i had DD as i couldn't stand feeling so isolated and alone and without help.

    This time we are living in the Shoalhaven and i refuse to go to Shoalhaven hospy - or another public hospy for that matter so I am going through Figtree private.

    I have heard only good things about them and know of 5 women who gave birth naturally there in the last 4 yrs.

    When we booked in, in July (? cant remember) they showed us around the hospital and went through all their workshops with feeding, settling, they have a good nurse to patient ratio, a fully equipped nicu and they said that the only time a woman can't birth at Figtree is if she is before 37wks (i.e Prem). Which quite a few public hospitals don't take prems either - particularly going country/rural.

    Good luck with your decision.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsmamo For This Useful Post:

    Aquarian  (19-12-2011)

  10. #18
    DJMUMMY is offline BH Advocate for south west Sydney
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    72
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked
    4
    Reviews
    1
    Hi I hope all goes well with your visit....let us know how you go. Do you have an obstetrician? Mine was fantastic her name is Dr Reddy.... If you are interested I can give you her details she has two offices Liverpool and campbelltown. She made sure the nurses gave me the correct pain medication and she checked on me every day I was there...4 days. Take care DJ

  11. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    66
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    6
    Reviews
    0
    DS was born at Wollongong Hospital and i was very unimpressed with the level of care afterwards, the ladies in the birthing unit were wonderful but the ones in maternity were far from it except for one - i waited 2 days for a support bandage for my stomach (which the muscles had been ripped to pieces) which was located in the room across from my bed - took a total of 20 seconds to go get, this was only one of the many bad things that happened there next one we are going to figtree private for

  12. #20
    wildoats's Avatar
    wildoats is offline Whether you think you can or think you can't, you are right - Henry Ford
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    443
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked
    9
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmamo View Post
    Hi hopefully i can help here.

    I had our first in Wollongong as a public patient. My birth experience was great - middys were awesome. Ended up having a posteria bub, drug free. Very happy. Once on the ward was another matter. I had PND and had rude, arrogant nurses to "help" me.

    Most of them made me cry. Because i had to see the social worker prior to delivery (as part of the pnd scores i had), she was supposed to come around to see me afterwards and have a chat and help me. Instead, this woman walked in, asked if i was Kym, chucked an envelope of photocopied brochures on my bed and left.

    I left the hospital 2 nights after i had DD as i couldn't stand feeling so isolated and alone and without help.

    This time we are living in the Shoalhaven and i refuse to go to Shoalhaven hospy - or another public hospy for that matter so I am going through Figtree private.

    I have heard only good things about them and know of 5 women who gave birth naturally there in the last 4 yrs.

    When we booked in, in July (? cant remember) they showed us around the hospital and went through all their workshops with feeding, settling, they have a good nurse to patient ratio, a fully equipped nicu and they said that the only time a woman can't birth at Figtree is if she is before 37wks (i.e Prem). Which quite a few public hospitals don't take prems either - particularly going country/rural.

    Good luck with your decision.
    Hi Mrsmamo! Thank you so very much for your post. I am truly so sorry to hear of your treatment at Wollongong hospital. How terrible for you... what is wrong with some people... seriously. I feel for you I really do, what a horrible experience. I wish you all the best for Figtree and I pray you receive excellent treatment, as you deserve. All the very best to you and

    Quote Originally Posted by DJMUMMY View Post
    Hi I hope all goes well with your visit....let us know how you go. Do you have an obstetrician? Mine was fantastic her name is Dr Reddy.... If you are interested I can give you her details she has two offices Liverpool and campbelltown. She made sure the nurses gave me the correct pain medication and she checked on me every day I was there...4 days. Take care DJ
    DJMUMMY!!!!! THANK YOU! That is exactly what I need a nice female OB! Fantastic, I will remember her name and... I think I will just go with Liverpool Hospital with Dr. Reddy - I hope she is still there... Thank you! I will let you know how it all goes Thank you

    Quote Originally Posted by carley20186 View Post
    DS was born at Wollongong Hospital and i was very unimpressed with the level of care afterwards, the ladies in the birthing unit were wonderful but the ones in maternity were far from it except for one - i waited 2 days for a support bandage for my stomach (which the muscles had been ripped to pieces) which was located in the room across from my bed - took a total of 20 seconds to go get, this was only one of the many bad things that happened there next one we are going to figtree private for
    Wow thanks for your post Carly - how horrible for you. Wollongong public does not sound good . I think I have made my decision now and I will be going to Liverpool.

    Thank you for everyone's help


 

Similar Threads

  1. Fairfield hospital or Liverpool hospital sydney?
    By Itsmee in forum Seeking a Maternity Hospital
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 30-12-2014, 19:32
  2. Private OB in Public Hospital (Liverpool) - costs
    By Bay in forum Seeking a Maternity Hospital
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 30-12-2014, 19:21
  3. private hospital closed maternity unit so how does private work in public hospital?
    By millsmum in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-11-2012, 14:44

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Pebblebee
Parents spend hours looking for things they need NOW. The keys, the remote, darling daughter's treasured teddy. Stop wasting precious time looking & start finding with Bub Hub reviewed Pebblebee Smart Tag. Simply attach a Pebblebee and find it fast.
sales & new stuffsee all
Wendys Music School Melbourne
Wondering about Music Lessons? FREE 30 minute ASSESSMENT. Find out if your child is ready! Piano from age 3 years & Guitar, Singing, Drums, Violin from age 5. Lessons available for all ages. 35+ years experience. Structured program.
Use referral 'bubhub' when booking
featured supporter
Softmats
Softmats specialises in safe, non-toxic, and durable play mats. The international Premium Dwinguler™ Play Mats and Premium Bubba Mat™ range of floor spaces are the best quality in the world.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!