+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    wildoats is offline Whether you think you can or think you can't, you are right - Henry Ford
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bowral, Wollongong, Cambelltown or Liverpool Private Hospital

Hi
    We have just moved to the Southern Highlands in the Macarthur district... about 20 mins from Campbelltown, 30 mins from Wollongong, probably 30 mins from Bowral and 40 mins from Liverpool, Sydney. I am only probably 6-8 weeks pregnant, but getting nervous now deciding on a hospital. We always thought the Southern Highlands Hospital - but I have read some bad reports of this hospital on here. I would like to go private and have the best equipment available to me. My last pregnancy was traumatic, and I may need to have a CS next time. I would very much appreciate if anyone can shed some light on these hospitals.
    Thank you!!!

DJMUMMY is offline BH Advocate for south west Sydney
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi wild oats, I went to liverpool private last December and had our first daughter there. My obstetrician was excellent quite a few of the nurses were not very nice. I had a csection....luckily I had no issues with pain etc. I won't be going back there. COnsidering we paid so much money, I expected better personal skills from the nurses. HOpe that's a help.
    Best wishes Dj

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi wild oats, I went to liverpool private last December and had our first daughter there. My obstetrician was excellent quite a few of the nurses were not very nice. I had a csection....luckily I had no issues with pain etc. I won't be going back there. COnsidering we paid so much money, I expected better personal skills from the nurses. HOpe that's a help.
    Best wishes Dj

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i live in the macarthur region also - its not a great area for private health.

I used to live in the north shore & had my first child there. After looking at the private options here i decided to have my son in the Mater at North Sydney.

I went to liverpool private to have a look, the nursing staff were rude, they dont have a well nursery for the baby so if you have had a c section the baby has to be with you the whole time. Also my friend who was booked in for liverpool private (& raved about how good it was for her first birth) just had leaking amniotic fluid & they cant look after it at liverpool private so she had to go to liverpool public to be treated.

To be honest, i dont think this area has much in the way of private care options or c sections - i couldnt find anyone who would recommend a good OB for my c section becos so few people have them out here as planned c sections.

I hope some others can come back with better reviews, but my experience was not a good one & all i can recommend is that you visit the hospitals before you make a decision & investigate what they offer for c section patients.

Good luck & congrats on your pregnancy.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ulysses For This Useful Post:

DJMUMMY  (15-12-2011)

wildoats is offline Whether you think you can or think you can't, you are right - Henry Ford
    Thanks
    Reviews

Thank you MissieMack for your quick reply... with my firstbirth I always wanted a natural birth without medication... but I ended up withan EPI and I'm so glad I did! Next time I will have no problems having anEPI... I want to try for a natural birth (with EPI), but if problems arise Iwant to be sure that there is equipment to handle it... I guess I just want tobe covered and feel safe. Thank you for your reply

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DJMUMMY View Post
    Best wishes Dj
    Thank you it does help. Thats good you had no other issues of complications etc. but not good to hear about your treatment

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I gave birth in Figtree Private hospital and I had a great experience there I went into labour naturally and needed an emergency c-section. Figtree is the the Private it hospital close to Wollongong. Wollongong doesn't have a private hospital it only has a public hospital. Figtree is 10 minutes from Wollongong. I also know people that gave birth in Wollongong and they had good experiences.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicket View Post
    i live in the macarthur region also - its not a great area for private health.

I used to live in the north shore & had my first child there. After looking at the private options here i decided to have my son in the Mater at North Sydney.

I went to liverpool private to have a look, the nursing staff were rude, they dont have a well nursery for the baby so if you have had a c section the baby has to be with you the whole time. Also my friend who was booked in for liverpool private (& raved about how good it was for her first birth) just had leaking amniotic fluid & they cant look after it at liverpool private so she had to go to liverpool public to be treated.

To be honest, i dont think this area has much in the way of private care options or c sections - i couldnt find anyone who would recommend a good OB for my c section becos so few people have them out here as planned c sections.

I hope some others can come back with better reviews, but my experience was not a good one & all i can recommend is that you visit the hospitals before you make a decision & investigate what they offer for c section patients.

Good luck & congrats on your pregnancy.
    Thank you! I appreciate your honest reply. My last hospital was Kogarah Private and it was wonderful - maybe I could make the trip? I would hate to give birth on the way to hospital though lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kimnus - that is good news. Thank you for your post, I appreciate it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi wildoats,
    That's ok I hope you can find a good hospital. If we decide to have another baby idont know where we would go, I've heard good and bad stories about Liverpool and campbelltown hospitals. Best wishes. let us know how you go.
    DJ