+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Strider Plus 4 vs Baby Jogger City Select

I need opinions. We have a 17 month old DD (who will be 2 by the time Bub is born). I'm stuck between 2 prams/strollers- the Strider Plus 4 and the Baby Jogger City Select. To me they look very similar but I haven't seen a Baby Jogger City Select irl- only pics on the net. I am *hoping* to have the travel system of which ever we get (ie, the capsule), plus the seat for DD2.

Can you lovely ladies please help?

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have the city select and absolutely love it. I have the travel system with the maxi cosi capsule and toddler sear. I also gave the bassinet.

It is heavy but that's what you get with a big pram I guess. Otherwise it fits down the aisle of most stores, it has a huge basket and I like how the seating for toddler and baby is very adaptable depending on whether u use a capsule or bassinet.

I could be wrong but I thought the wheel base in the strider is wider and therefore it may not fit down some narrower aisles which was a big deal for me.

Good luck with your choice!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have the city select too, with maxi Cosi capsule and both seats. Dont have new bub yet, but I love the different seating arrangements you can have with the cs. I didn't like the strider in that the capsule goes on top, meaning the bigger bub has to be underneath, I know DD would have gone mental not being able to see where we were going. That's not an issue with the cs.
    It's really maneuverable and folds down more compactly than my old 3 wheeler.
    Btw I got the 2010 cs from pramwarehouse with 2 seat for $699 not sure if they have any left, but might be worth callin them to see if you're interested in it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks ladies! I have looked at a few sites for the cs, and am amazed at the number of seating arrangements you can have. Ultimately, I would like DD2 facing forward and the capsule facing me.

So to clarify, the cs is more narrow then the Strider?

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was tossing up between the two as well but ended up settling on the City Select and am so glad I did! I haven't actually used it yet but it's a beautiful pram. I put it together myself (it was so easy!), it's super easy to drive and to collapse and the basket it HUGE and easy to access. I also don't have a problem lifting it into the trunk of my car. Also, it's not as wide as the Strider.

I ordered the 2011 model brand new from Amazon for $500 + $90 shipping from the US and it arrived within a week. I bought the Maxi Cosi capsule here in Australia (due to Australia different safety laws) and it fits perfectly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love my City Select. I've only used the second seat option once when I was babysitting my godson. It is heavy with two kids but what pram wouldn't be?! I think Misho is right about the Strider being slightly wider.

For my money I would go with the City Select.

FutureMa can I ask which Amazon store you bought from? So many of them won't ship here and I would like some accessories.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have seen/tried both in store, and I would definitely not get the Strider! It's a good pram, but the back wheels are much wider than that of the BJCS.
    I also don't like the seating arrangement of the Strider at all! I don't want to have DS, who will be nearly 2 when the new baby is born, underneath where all he can see is the back of another seat, but I don't feel comfortable having a Newbie underneath either. The seat is really close to the ground IMO.
    The only complaint I have heard about the BJCS is that it's a bit long, and I suppose it is, but I didn't think it was that much longer than some 3-wheeler singles I have seen.
    We don't have ours yet...but just from research/opinions/testing in store, I would definitely choose that over the Strider any day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Go with the city select, its the best pram! I disagree with a PP who said it was heavy, i dont think its heavy at all and i'm only 43kgs so it was essential that i picked a pram that was easy for me to pick up and put on the back of my 4x4. Its got the best maneouverability. It's dead easy to use, fold down, theres no tricks to it which i love. All the different seating arrangements it can do are brilliant. I used the bassinet attachment when DD was a newborn and its nice and cosy and also comfortable for a newborn. I got the black material (wish i had have got the red now) which is so easy to clean and to pull it all apart if you need to wash it. You won't be disappointed, this one pram will see me through all of my kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CDNinOZ View Post
    I love my City Select. I've only used the second seat option once when I was babysitting my godson. It is heavy with two kids but what pram wouldn't be?! I think Misho is right about the Strider being slightly wider.

For my money I would go with the City Select.

FutureMa can I ask which Amazon store you bought from? So many of them won't ship here and I would like some accessories.
    All Baby Jogger products on Amazon can be shipped to Australia. Here is a link:

http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Jogger-Select-Single-Stroller/dp/B004A910UG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1323917336&sr=8-2

They have all the different colours available - I bought the Diamond colour. Plus you can get packages if you need the second seat or the capsule etc and any accessories too!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FutureMa For This Useful Post:

CDNinOZ  (16-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We sold our strider and replaced it with a city select. Love it. I bought from amazon for 500 + 90 shipping and got it in under two weeks. I got the second seat from amazon too for 180 including shipping arrived in two days.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub