+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default TTC, ovulation and christmas party! Help!

So I have just ovulated (well 90% sure) i have a blood test to be done next wednesday to confirm. Problem is I have my work Christmas party this Saturday, I don't want to drink obviously incase we were lucky to catch an egg but I don't want my work mates to be think "hmm why isn't she drinking" hubby and I are staying where the Christmas party is being held so I can't make an excuse that I'm driving.. Anyone got any tips/excuses I could use?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in that boat at the moment too. I used to always be up for a drink, and now everyone looks at me funny when I refuse. I even had someone (who I didn't even know) tell me that of course I must be pregnant (which was a bit hurtful, because I'm not ).
    You could say you're just getting over a cold or something and you don't want to get sick again. I think that's what I'll tell the in-laws when I see them at Christmas time.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Meg2 For This Useful Post:

missmya84  (15-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Just drink something that could be mistaken for alcohol (ie lemonade with a lime wedge in it could be vodka) and make sure you always get your own drink..no one would be any the wiser.

Or you could say you're on antibiotics or something and you are not allowed any alcohol.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to summastarlet For This Useful Post:

missmya84  (15-12-2011),Stubborn Ox  (15-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeah I've got the same issue! Christmas work party this weekend and can't use driving as an excuse! I like the idea of getting a drink that could be mistaken for alcohol.... But I bet someone will go and buy a round a actually get you what you claim your drink is but secretly isn't :s

Stubborn Ox is offline Can't wait to meet our little baby this year!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I think summastarlet has got it, just pretend you're drinking! At those events people are too busy drinking as much free booze as they can't, they won't care to ask! HeHe!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stubborn Ox For This Useful Post:

missmya84  (15-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ladies.. I'll have to try that and see how that goes! Hehe other thing I was thinking was just holding a wine glass in my hand haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    This doesn't help for your work Christmas party - but I found alcohol removed sparkling wine at Dan Murphy's which I drank last weekend at a party at home with all the family. Everyone assumed I was drinking normal sparkling. It is 0.5% alcohol I think from memory, so it still has a tiny bit of alcohol in it. Am also in the 2WW